1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I knew it

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by walker, 16 Jun 2008.

1. walker

walker New Member

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I'd have thought Columbia would have been a better sponsor for Boonen.

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I feel for the riders as Columbia make some of the most bland clothing i have ever seen.
    Cav will soon be seen wearing Tartan Fleece overshirts with teal combats. Poor man

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I don't think that's quite correct walker, when T-Mobile pulled out it left High Road in a difficult position and it's only right that they should try to get financial help from elsewhere. I agree T-Mobile did not just pull the plug and walk away but it was close to being that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

I thought T Mobile paid the money partly as compensation for ending the contract early.

6. Steve Austin

T-Mobile mad a decision to leave the sport so paid up there contract in full and left. No mugging involved

Luck and some canny timing have left Team High Road a great opportunity to promote Team Columbia.....

Will they be signing Boonen?

7. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

You've got to feel sorry for those people who bought a highroad jersey only for it to be made obsolete within months!

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

it's retro chic already!

9. Steve Austin

I got a BRIGHT PINK T-Mobile bike that is now obsolete!!

looks kinda cool still ;)

10. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I've only got the cap, but it does have a degree of understated chic ;)

11. OP
    OP
    walker

walker New Member

don't let the boys at t-mobile here you call it pink, it Magenta don't you know:biggrin: