I may be "known" to the Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Whilst taking part in some Velodrome riding I was asked by a nice police lady (from Police Sport UK) if I came from Milton Keynes. I don't and she said that I must have a double. :wacko:

Honest g'vnor it wasn't me - it was my double from Milton Keynes :biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Whilst taking part in some Velodrome riding I was asked by a nice police lady (from Police Sport UK) if I came from Milton Keynes. I don't and she said that I must have a double. :wacko:

Honest g'vnor it wasn't me - it was my double from Milton Keynes :tongue:

Police sport? Is this like the MI5 version of Sport UK?:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Someone's Dad who I know has a Doppelganger living within the same neighbourhood. They even dress quite similarly.

On the topic of that sort of thing I always found all that multivariate statistics and other related stuff quite interesting.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
marinyork said:
Someone's Dad who I know has a Doppelganger living within the same neighbourhood. They even dress quite similarly.

On the topic of that sort of thing I always found all that multivariate statistics and other related stuff quite interesting.

I caused two domestic rows with one hair cut once.

One morning I took some rubbish off to the recycling centre and on the way back called in at a hairdresser's and had my head shaved. My arrival back at home was greeted with "You won't do that again' and choice phrases expressing disatisfaction.

A couple of months later I called back at the hairdressers for a trim and was told with "You nearly caused a divorce" and when I agreed and told them of the misery I had caused myself they told me the full tale.

Shortly after my departure after the scalping, the wife of my doppelganger called in to see one of the hairdressers who informed her that her husband had just beenn in and had his head shaved. The poor woman stormed off shouting "I'll kill the useless fu@ker" and returned soon afterwards, a tad red faced wondering what had gone on.

I've yet to meet him.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
:wacko: that's a bit extreme, I can imagine rows about being spotted buying the wrong magazine or vegetables in a supermarket. I liked your story about polynomial long division the other day btw, glad it's back in fashion, had a few wacky conversations about that over the years.

Crankarm

Guru
Whilst taking part in some Velodrome riding I was asked by a nice police lady (from Police Sport UK) if I came from Milton Keynes. I don't and she said that I must have a double. :laugh:

Honest g'vnor it wasn't me - it was my double from Milton Keynes :smile:

She was making a pass at you ...............

You should have said "What if I said I did? Would it mean we could play with your handcuffs :smile:?"

Did you get her number?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Crankarm said:

You should have said "What if I said I did? Would it mean we could play with your handcuffs :smile:?"

Did you get her number?
Crankers, you took the words out of my mouth.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Crankarm said:

You should have said "What if I said I did? Would it mean we could play with your handcuffs :biggrin:?"

Did you get her number?

Ah right - bit slow me sometimes :sad: She wasn't wearing her number. :sad: She was nicely dressed in Lycra - matching jersey and shorts in PSUK colours rather than "uniform". Her being a lady I could almost keep up with her (well on the bike anyway). :blush:

Crankarm

Guru
Ah right - bit slow me sometimes :biggrin: She wasn't wearing her number. :sad: She was nicely dressed in Lycra - matching jersey and shorts in PSUK colours rather than "uniform". Her being a lady I could almost keep up with her (well on the bike anyway). :blush:

Your description is too much. I'll have to go and lie down :laugh:. Oh, it's bed time already ........ :eek:.

ChrisKH

Guru
I once walked into a restaurant in Leigh on Sea, walked up to the bar and said "Hello, I've booked a table for four under the name of XXXX". The owner looked up and said " You can get out mate, we had enough trouble with you last week". To say I was perplexed and just a little angry at having to stand there and remonstrate with the owner about a troublesome doppelganger is an understatement. Really ruined my evening. I had to show him my ID and evidence of my professional qualification just to get served.

Top Bottom