I need a bigger shed.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just bought the missus her birthday present, her first road bike :biggrin:

A nice Giant OCR2 - See thread in wanted for details.

I'll give her a couple of weeks to enjoy it, then start the psychological warfare necessary to convince her that I need a nice new carbon/titanium/unobtainium steed for myself.

Oh and a bigger shed :biggrin:

LynnA

You men are all the same :biggrin: My husband has been wanting to buy a new bike for 8 months now and I have yet to buckle and let him do it; despite the flowers, a weekend away, the "I love you soooo much". I know what's really going on!!!! :biggrin:

Brahan

Über Member
LynnA said:
You men are all the same :biggrin: My husband has been wanting to buy a new bike for 8 months now and I have yet to buckle and let him do it; despite the flowers, a weekend away, the "I love you soooo much". I know what's really going on!!!! :biggrin:
Cold, so cold.

OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
3BM - I've no sympathy for you, you're nothing but a scrounging good for nothing Pikey, and should be ashamed of yourself :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Kestevan said:
3BM - I've no sympathy for you, you're nothing but a scrounging good for nothing Pikey, and should be ashamed of yourself :biggrin:
:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
SWMBO has just agreed to a second seven be five shed on condition the fence is replaced first. Fencing contractor coming around tonight to quote!

I don't understand why the shed I bought for my/our bikes* is half full of garden furniture, now I no longer need to.

*less than 50% of the bikes in there are ridden by me.

Norm

LynnA said:
Now really, I can't say yes straightaway, what fun would that be? :biggrin:
:biggrin:

Hello, darling, is that you? :smile:

We always have a negotiation phase. My first motorbike cost me a new set of taps in the kitchen, although Mrs Norm learned from that and more recent purchases have been a little more even.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I used to get pretty much what I want in exchange for a back rub and a hair cut/colour appointment....

Now the process takes around a year of planning, foundation then groundwork purchases in a carefully orchestrated fashion, then if I am lucky she may cast an eye over a written application for a new toy!

potsy

Birder
I've just got a new mobile phone and have had to order her one as well:ohmy:
And she's just spent £300+ on a jacket and 2 pairs of pants,so will remember that one when I want a new bike later this year:biggrin:

OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
And she's just spent £300+ on a jacket and 2 pairs of pants,so will remember that one when I want a new bike later this year

Wont work - Trust me on this, not a chance. Women only remember it when you spend money, or do something wrong...... They are genetically incapable of remembering their own purchases. To prove this, ask her out for a meal on Saturday. I can gurantee that despite the 2 pairs of pants and new jacket she will claim to have nothing to wear :biggrin:

I find buying them all the same colour works for me. Mrs BG really can't tell the difference.

Thats not going to wash round here either..... trouble with having a wife who rides bikes, she can spot new bartape and an upgraded chain, so the chances of slipping in a new bike are less than zero :blush:

Top Bottom