I often say drivers should film bad cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

I wish I had a camera for a bad driver earlier today. Fiddling about with her seatbelt, taking it off, putting it back on again, all whilst sat waiting patiently at a pedestrian crossing - pity her lights were on green.

Then the lights changed to red, and pedestrians started to cross. The moment they were out of the way she sped off... whilst her light was still on red.

:?:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Kaipaith said:
I wish I had a camera for a bad driver earlier today. Fiddling about with her seatbelt, taking it off, putting it back on again, all whilst sat waiting patiently at a pedestrian crossing - pity her lights were on green.

Then the lights changed to red, and pedestrians started to cross. The moment they were out of the way she sped off... whilst her light was still on red.

:?:

Not good is it. :ohmy: Given the numbers I'm 100% sure of where the real risks lie. How many of us have dashed across the ped crossing (as a ped I mean) seeing the green man and not taking the road situation in ful..?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It doesn't seem even clear to me that the cycle path even covers the other side of the roundabout (that would be ignorance on the driver's part if it didn't). A totally flawed comment on the first clip. Also even if you were allowed to go on the cycle path it should be blatently obvious why the cyclist sticks to the roundabout. Bit comical really as the cyclists adopts an ultra weak secondary not causing much hassle to the driver at all.

The third clip not all the cyclists go and it looks like the peugeot may be over the white line. Not too much wrong with the weave. The other two are silly though.

As for the going up suicidal cyclist, the driver doesn't seem to understand the concept of what it means if there are no central road markings! Typical driver thinking only of them self.

Will1985

Über Member
I nearly closed the video when I saw the comment about not using the RAB. I like how the roadie was the only one to stop at those lights after passing the lead car indicating left in the correct fashion. I tell people where to go when they suggest that I should be using the cycle lane.

In the second one they don't look to be moving that fast. Probably a worn set of brake pads by the bottom! Fast is descending on the drops and using the whole road :?:

thomas

the tank engine
I left the first guy a comment. Hopfully he'll accept it as it wasn't written to flame him or anything.

Completely agree about RLJers...completely disagree with his views on the roundabout.

lit

I recognise that roundabout, that aside the first cyclist did nothing wrong.

anyhow, bad cyclists, bad drivers, no suprises in either case.

ketka82uk

Quite disturbed by his reaction to the weaving tho.... Did he not think to comment that the other two cyclists undertook a car indicating to turn left? Doh!

I agree that there is a lot of bad cycling on the road but when motorists are considering good cycling as bad then we really do have problems!!

As for the roundabout... Ask any driver to get on a bike for a week and stick to cycle paths and he'd soon change his tune...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Re the video taken in Europe somewhere. What kind of sad people would travel up a spectacular mountain pass like that, while spending the whole time recording the event?? So they can watch it when they get home or what? Why not just enjoy the real thing while you're there :smile:. A bit like people who go to see live bands and spend the whole concert recording it. Why don't they just buy a DVD? Saddos....

Top Bottom