I see Clarkson's getting a bit more publicity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
by saying that public sector workers who strike should be shot in front of their families. I expect all this exposure will up the Top Gear ratings and increase his income by a few hundred k.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Just listened to the Jeremy Vine debate on Radio 2.

His card is marked within the union and he's on the naughty step for now. Maybe the'll make an example of him and he'll be on Sky with 'Yet Another Top Gear' next year ?

I think the problem is where do you draw the line with hate/race comments ? Everyone just seems out for revenge attacks. What made me laugh was the opposition against Carkesons comments on rdaio 2 with the comment how she would like to 'Shoot Jeremy in front of his family ' lol. >>>>>>>>>>

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He's saying what his fans and followers want to hear at the same time successfully winding up those that dislike him.

He's best ignored.

buddha

Veteran
There is a conspiracy theory that through being so vile he actually creates sympathy for those he is moaning about.
Or, that he is just an 'idiot' and after publicity for is latest inane DVD.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
by saying that public sector workers who strike should be shot in front of their families. I expect all this exposure will up the Top Gear ratings and increase his income by a few hundred k.
Doing this one on BikeRadar too ...

Yes, shoot the public sector workers who are worried about the odd thousand pounds or so while continuing (effectively) to be a public sector worker himself on £I million p.a. for Top Gear plus loads of extra dosh from his other activities.

And saying that trains shouldn't be stopped to allow the remains of those who commit suicide on the railways to be cleaned up was never going to make him any friends, was it ...

tyred

Legendary Member
He knows how to rattle a few cages and drum up some publicity. He knows what the response will be from some quarters when he makes remarks like this. He has made a successful career from being outspoken and politically incorrect and those that get wound up by his comments should just ignore him instead of giving him the publicity he seeks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He knows how to rattle a few cages and drum up some publicity. He knows what the response will be from some quarters when he makes remarks like this. He has made a successful career from being outspoken and politically incorrect and those that get wound up by his comments should just ignore him instead of giving him the publicity he seeks.

Exactly...

007fair

He is a twat but I don't think you can take his comments seriously He is not inciting violence like an extremist xxxxx he just likes to be able to say stuff on TV that many people would say in the pub or where ever This is why some like him ..

G-Zero

Über Member
As much as I dislike him, I saw him make the comments on The One Show last night and IMO it was not as bad as it sounds.

He initially made comments that were fully in favour of the strike action, then said something along the lines of "As this is the BBC, I'm so supposed to give a balanced view", then he made his comments about shooting them, which I took as totally tongue in cheek.

I can however, see how the comments alone would annoy many.

No excuse for his train suicide comments !!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So the powers to be think his comments are outrageous
yet the government and media are allowed to call the disabled scrounger and akin to parasites :angry:

The government and media do not call the disabled scroungers or liken them to parasites. They target those who fraudulently claim disability benefits with their vitriol.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The government have often targeted those who legitimately need to claim disability benefits with their vitriol while allowing those who fraudulently claim disability benefits to carry on doing so without challenge... but they wouldn't admit it.

Top Bottom