i should have said hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Hi all
I'm based in Bristol and thought after a few posts i should introduce myself properly. I'm married and have 3 daughters with one 11 year old still at home, and one 19 years old periodically at home, and one 22 years old not at home :angry: i work as an usher in bristol mags court this was a job i came to simply because i was made redundant in 2004 What attracted me to this job was certainly not the pay but the fact that i could commute each day on my bike and i have done so now for 3 years. At heart i am a runner and have been a member of a local running club for some 15 years but running is an impact sport and sooner or later this will take it's toll and injuries will begin to occur. Now at the age of 53 i tend to train much more on the bike and do the odd race. I have ridden a genesis day 01 for the last 3 years and am about to get next week a giant defy 01 on the BTW scheme ( I can't wait :tongue: ) I thought long and hard about the bike and discussed at length on the internet, my main concern was to have good quality components ie 105 gset with and a company of some repute...giant being one of the biggest in the world seems to fit the bill....oh and the defy 1 is a hell of a bike. I will post some pics on arrival and let you know my thoughts..i am hoping my running times will improve when i get some serious training done on the defy:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Welcome, runner!:biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Welcome from another Bristol based cyclist - but I hate running 5k for charity is my absolute limit and i haven't run since.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
thanks for the welcome guys....yes 3 daughters makes you want to....well...run :biggrin: Been out this morning training with my fellow bitton road runners in preparation for the very undulating hogweed hilly half near chipping Sodbury next Sunday...shall just stick to cycling this week.....and look forward to the arrival of the giant defy in about 1 weeks time when i can get in some serious training. I must admit it was great to run 11 miles this morning having only trained on my genesis day 01 the last 2 weeks...it's great to see that cycling keeps me fit to run the odd half marathon!

Top Bottom