I think I did something bad...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
(writing on phone so apologies for bad grammar etc) Riding home, am in right hand line behind (and perhaps foolishly on the left of the lane) a van that's waiting to go right, while i'm waiting to in straight on. A car pulls up behind me and starts creeping forwards to go beside me. I turn and look, gesturing to back off a bit as i'm worried they are going straight on which as the road turns back to one lane would be dangerous for me. The van ahead then gets an opportunity to turn and does, and the car revs it's engine. Thinking this is aggression to me i for some reason find myself flipping the bird at them, which i immediately feel stupid for doing. The driver then turns right which i wasn't expecting, and his passenger shouts knob head at me. I think i might have just made another person hate cyclists for no reason :laugh: Sorry to them, and sorry to all cyclists! I still have a lot to learn...

Try not to worry about it...Im sure I have done things like this quite a few times.:laugh:

I know I have done it and felt bad after.I just try to modify my behaviour.

A few years back I used to be terrible for having a go at motons.:laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Jezston said:
(writing on phone so apologies for bad grammar etc) Riding home, am in right hand line behind (and perhaps foolishly on the left of the lane) a van that's waiting to go right, while i'm waiting to in straight on. A car pulls up behind me and starts creeping forwards to go beside me. I turn and look, gesturing to back off a bit as i'm worried they are going straight on which as the road turns back to one lane would be dangerous for me. The van ahead then gets an opportunity to turn and does, and the car revs it's engine. Thinking this is aggression to me i for some reason find myself flipping the bird at them, which i immediately feel stupid for doing. The driver then turns right which i wasn't expecting, and his passenger shouts knob head at me. I think i might have just made another person hate cyclists for no reason ;) Sorry to them, and sorry to all cyclists! I still have a lot to learn...

Don't worry about it, even the calmest of get twitchy once in a while. I am not sure why, but it can happen. I swore at a guy on a mountain bike who jumped off the kerb without looking tonight, why I swore I don't know, I had spotted what he was about to do and had it covered.

skudupnorth said:
Idiots who rev engines also wind me up aswell but now all i do is set off very slowly....works for me ;)

Some people just don't get the idea that a car will actually move away on tickover

Mr. Clutch and other such chains thrive on such drivers

jonredhornet

Cars revving behind narks me as well, but I think it's often just poor control which causes it. I just give them a look so they know I'm aware of them.

brucers

Guru
Perhaps you should get into the habit of looking at their indicators. If you saw they were indicating to go right then you'd probably have left it at that. If they had no indicator going then at least you'd have reason to 'comment' on their driving.

bad boy

Über Member
it can certainly be intimidating people doing that whether its intentional or not, don't worry about it, you live and learn after all.

Top Bottom