I think I upset a motorist this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smeg

I think I upset a motorist this morning on my way to work. Forced a car to dangerously overtake me into the path of an oncoming bus whilst approaching a blind corner going through Whippingham 'Chute'. Very naughty of me I know - I think I may have upset the poor bloke forcing him into making such a maneuver, noticed he was gesticulating waving his arm about he was :tongue: Entirely my fault of course due to being a bloody cyclist - I shouldn't be on the roads in the first place getting in the way and I don't pay no road tax :biggrin: It didn't bother me, he can drive into oncoming buses on the wrong side of the road if he wants to although I wouldn't recommend it. Just as long as he gives me enough braking distance before I meet the wreckage or a big enough gap to squeeze past.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm sure he'd be glad to know you've learned your lesson. You should probably do as he says and stick to the pavement from now on.

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

ianrauk said:
Bloody cyclists, why wernt you cycling on the pavement then?

lol there isn't one there. I could always leave the bike at home and get the bus? £3 to go 6 miles and then again back home, great value for money, even if it is quicker to cycle. I wouldn't be such an inconvenience then getting in the way of motorists on the roads.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I am still amazed that given the choice of waiting a few second or risking a potential head on collision, the average car driver will choose the latter??

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

magnatom said:
It's a shame you didn't have a helmet camera on, then we all could have learned the lesson..:biggrin:

Yes perhaps we should have a compilation of inconsiderate cycling (crap impatient ignorant motorists) video clips and burn the lot to DVD and flog them on ebay. Anyone want a copy? Fiver each.

notsolazy

jazzkat said:
I am still amazed that given the choice of waiting a few second or risking a potential head on collision, the average car driver will choose the latter??

some people have no sense of risk. I was first at some traffic lights for a single lane road under a railway bridge. The lights went green so I started to go and a van squeezed past me with only an inch (maybe two) to spare. He could have waited for the 5 seconds it took me to get out to the other side of the bridge to safely overtake, but he had to get past me, revving and practically pushing me off the road. He was a complete idiot

purplepolly

notsolazy said:
some people have no sense of risk. I was first at some traffic lights for a single lane road under a railway bridge. The lights went green so I started to go and a van squeezed past me with only an inch (maybe two) to spare.

Ah but that's different. In this case there wasn't any risk to the driver, not even any real risk of punishment if he had hit you. He just didn't care about what happened to you as his 5 seconds were more important.

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

jazzkat said:

I'm pretty quick too, esp. considering I'm on a touring bike/hybrid not a racer. That bit is downhill I usually do over 30mph (35 when there's no wind) although not on this occasion due to the head & side wind, was probably doing about 25 when that pillock overtook me. He's the only one I recall that has ever overtaken me on that stretch of the road it's not safe to do so for one thing! On occasion I've had to brake because I catch up with the cars in front.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Blooody cyclist, an absolute terror on the roads:angry: Always in the way, not driving licence, and dont pay road tax. Peasents. Riding around on their bikes which probably only cost £100, getting in the way of us car drivers:angry:
Dont they appreciate that we dont all want to go at there stupidly slow speed of what is probably only 5mph:angry:
Those ones that go faster are even worse, all dopers! Thats why they all go fast:angry: What sort of example is this to set to youngsters:angry:

Ride around like they own the road, and have a right to be on it.
Just as bad on the ****ing pavement, ride along too fast, scaring people walking.

Best place for them is under the wheels of a truck:angry:

12 of us going up this hill 2 abreast when this car comes up from behind, horn blaring because he had it new for christmas and he overtook us on the brow of the hill on the wrong side of the road, of course we knew at once that we were in the wrong for being on the road.

Top Bottom