I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by jefmcg, 16 Jan 2018.

1. Last edited: 16 Jan 2018
  2. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Apparently cancellation of his planned UK visit is really going to damage business - says a spokesman from the egg marketing board

3. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

Fnaar and mustang1 like this.
  4. Andrew_P

Andrew_P In between here and there

Although it fun pointing and laughing it really is not very funny it is bloody scary that a lunatic megalomaniac twitter posting orange with bleached blonde hair nutter is in charge of the USA, but then you look down to the next in line. It never seem real, I just wish Splitting Image was still around to complete it.

5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

I don't know about his own thread but I think he should be given his own country to play with,

Gruinard+Island.jpg

Fnaar and mustang1 like this.
  6. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

An American evangelical in the No Trump camp of which there were many recently made the following observation about Trump and his critics:

"I don't know what the end-game will be, but as it stands, when Trump's enemies freak out over everything he says and does, when "news" coverage is all about Trump all the time, they unwittingly empower him by making him set the agenda. He acts, they react.

Now, perhaps the negative coverage of Trump will damage the Republican name-brand in the long run. That remains to be seen. But it's a risky strategy for Trump's enemies in the liberal establishment to make him the centerpiece of every news cycle, because that means he dictates the issues and the terms of debate. They make him the center of the universe. They are satellites, whizzing around him."

In this regard, Trump is carrying on in the same way as during the election campaign - he said things that ought to have made him unelectable, but just kept pouring out the verbage so there was no time to digest just how bad he was. Yesterday's insults were forgotten in the light of today's.

Fnaar, slowmotion, Profpointy and 2 others like this.
  7. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

Maybe Americans should reconsider putting so much power in the hands of a single individual. The president of the USA appears to me to be too much of an elected emperor. More actual power than a constitutional monarch.

8. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

PLUS ONE!!
    I also dislike news organisations spewing out whatever the government's PR machine wants them to instead of analyzing and giving opinion. I'm pretty sure as a young kid the news had more opionated content iirc.

raleighnut likes this.
  9. Trump is just the noise. The White Hiuse is being run by Mike Pence, Rex Tillerson and a couple of generals.

10. Bobby Mhor

Bobby Mhor Wasn't born to follow

Trump is fun..
    Boris or Trump?

11. Diogenes

Diogenes Guru

Trump's a media freak, a creation of the media so it's hardly surprising that the symbiotic relationship continues.

He won because Americans are contrarian and Clinton's sense of entitlement was palpable. Against possibly any other candidate he would have been hammered.

Fnaar and Unkraut like this.
  12. DP

DP Chasse patate

239lbs?

13. stowie

stowie Guru

I am not a huge fan of social media, but occasionally it inspires. Currently the 6'3 / 239lbs data is being questioned by twitter users with the hashtag #girther.

Fnaar, theclaud, mjr and 2 others like this.
  14. DP

DP Chasse patate

"I've got people in Hawaii looking into his weight, and you won't believe what they are finding."

theclaud, Spinney and stowie like this.
  15. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

He is a boy and a half in all measures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice