I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

Deafie

Veteran
It's the kind of crap joke a second rate comic comes up with, but then when I see his rallies its like watching a crap standup comic. His mannerisms and style of speaking give the impression of someone who watches too many standups and decided to emulate them.
Yes, I find myself cringing in embarrassment watching the thing , some people genuinely respect and agree with the "stuff" it says, and that really blows my mind!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Actually the specific infraction was calling someone delusional. And as I re-read the rules, that’s not allowed. So I’m out of that thread until July 1. Oh well.
Well thank goodness for that.

Imagine our 'mildly' racial (is that even a wurd in that context? ) little ingerlish threads being invaded by an 'murican upstart :wacko: tisnt right or proper.

My current US fantasy is that Biden selects a super awesome running mate for November, and thoroughly tips thrump off his stump.

He (Biden) then decides after a six months that he's actually a bit tired of all this running a government malarkey, and fakes his own death.

Said awesome deputy, steps in and continues being awesome, sorts out a ton of sheet, puts The States on a progressive and relevant trajectory .

Reverses all the dumb@rse shoot that thrump has done.

And she then gets reelected for a second term.

We all get crumpets for tea.

Please oh Goddess of the Kale-yards.

"make it so" :notworthy:

C R

Veteran
When historians write the story of the Fall of the American Empire, material like this will show that Americans caught stupid.

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-53174415/they-want-to-throw-god-s-wonderful-breathing-system-out
:banghead:

stowie

Legendary Member
When historians write the story of the Fall of the American Empire, material like this will show that Americans caught stupid.

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-53174415/they-want-to-throw-god-s-wonderful-breathing-system-out
It is the cult of individuality.

Individual rights and freedoms are of critical importance, but there has to be a balance between these and the "common good".

Masks during COVID are a classic "tragedy of the commons" situation. Wearing a mask doesn't help the wearer, it helps others. If few wear masks it is not effective. If nearly everyone wears masks it helps everyone.

The US in particular are mired in the interpretation of individual rights which rides over all common good arguments.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
It is the cult of individuality.

Individual rights and freedoms are of critical importance, but there has to be a balance between these and the "common good".

Masks during COVID are a classic "tragedy of the commons" situation. Wearing a mask doesn't help the wearer, it helps others. If few wear masks it is not effective. If nearly everyone wears masks it helps everyone.

The US in particular are mired in the interpretation of individual rights which rides over all common good arguments.
The actions of a few feckless, selfish, morons undermine everyone else's efforts. You just can't cure stupid.....

Top Bottom