I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You can't keep up can you? It's like Johnson's lot, you just cannot keep up with all the shoot they're doing.
Briefly mentioned in the article was something I don't think we've had here yet (I stand to be corrected), Trump's alleged knowledge of Russian bounties on US soldiers. It's quite astonishing that there's so much else going on that we can't fit that in.
It truly is relentless isn't it??

Small wonder I've not got round to sowing the winter chards yet.. :sad:

MntnMan62

C’mon. With everything we know about the screaming orange sphincter muscle from his time in office, and those of us who have previous knowledge of him having worked in real estate in NYC for decades, I tend to believe what this article is claiming. Could it be fake news? Anything is possible. But not likely. He’s lost any claim to “benefit of the doubt” a long time ago.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
C’mon. With everything we know about the screaming orange sphincter muscle from his time in office, and those of us who have previous knowledge of him having worked in real estate in NYC for decades, I tend to believe what this article is claiming. Could it be fake news? Anything is possible. But not likely. He’s lost any claim to “benefit of the doubt” a long time ago.
Well having been penned by none other than Carl Bernstein , might give it a bit of heft too perhaps??

Trouble is you post anything, by anyone, these days and someone will say

"This news source is not to be trusted because they are financed by X,Y, or Z"

But the article certainly rings true enough, especially given the casually oafish, and ignorant behaviour he - trumph - seems happy - gleeful even - to display in public generally .

Dave Davenport

Legendary Member
Yes I saw that, pretty sure I read that he'd invented Corona and also had the antidote, which I'm assuming he was going to sell to the highest bidder?
Damn you to hell Gates :cursing:
No, no, no he'll give the antidote away free when the time is right, it contains nano computer type things with which he'll be able to control the whole of humanity. Got to admit, as evil geniuses go, he's right up there.

Yes I saw that, pretty sure I read that he'd invented Corona and also had the antidote, which I'm assuming he was going to sell to the highest bidder?
Damn you to hell Gates :cursing:
He designed the corona in his lab which is in a hollowed out extinct volcano in ******* (sworn to secrecy as a Gates lackey in orange jumpsuit, my job is feeding his trained cats). He is not going to sell the vaccine he also developed, he is going to breed a master race by withholding the vaccine from inferior stock. nothing can stop him, the world is Bills world.

MntnMan62

I was responding to your post of how the US got where it is with who is in the Whitehouse, and you put it down to stupidity. But for what it's worth, I do think the reasons why he was elected (not at all a majority of voters as I'm sure you are aware!) are very important. I think you do have to know why he appealed to so many people. There is a reason that states that were previously won by Obama in the previous two elections (Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin) ended up in Trump's hands. Keep in mind it's going to be how people there evaluate his capability and his competence....

I think you do this at your own peril. Just my opinion, but I think had it not been for the Coronavirus and the ongoing fallout, putting up a candidate like Joe Biden would have been a potential recipe for disaster. It's the very thing the democrats ignored last election... And it's still a long way to go before November -a week is a very long time in politics.

Lastly, I just want to add that theoretically putting money into the stock market would have been a better bet, but I don't think that really tells the full story -and I can't help but feel this kind of story is more a simplistic jab that avoids serious analysis to get an easily read headline (sound familiar?). Even assuming you haven't made as much in the stock market, what about job generation? Actual buildings created? Income? The impact of changing a location with physical structures? Please don't think I'm defending Donald Trump, but it's just not as simple as it sounds for any business person -again, that's not saying given parameters it's not true, just that there is more to it. I take much more note and issue with his "questionable" business and personal practices.
I am very well aware of the reasons people have given for voting for him. I know why he appealed to people. They liked that he was supposed to be a businessman without ties to Washington. That he speaks his mind. But in order to justify voting for someone who's a businessman, you better know everything there is to know about his business and how he conducts that business. My points on that subject should have negated any positives associated with his being a businessman. And to your later points about building buildings that weren't there, income, etc.? Trump Tower is on a stretch of Fifth Avenue that is one of the most desirable in the world. He didn't add anything to that landscape. Income? That is included in the financial analysis I mentioned. Stocks produce income as well. Bottom line, his net worth would be well over where it is today. He's inherited everything. He's a trust fund baby. He's not a businessman of any repute. In fact, there is a reason no US banks would do business with him. As for his ties to Washington, that should take a back seat to someone's track record of accomplishment. Since he has no track record of accomplishment, his lack of ties to Washington doesn't rate. And him speaking his mind? If he said something intelligent, that would be one thing. But have you listened to him the past 3 plus years? He speaks like a third grader. And that's not an exaggeration. I don't think I'm oversimplifying things here. In order for someone like trump to succeed as president it is essential that he surround himself with intelligent, experienced, thoughtful experts in their fields. He hasn't done that for the most part. And when someone doesn't say what he wants to hear, they get fired. He's had a revolving door administration since day one. Have you paid attention to the people he has nominated to for lifetime positions as federal judges? One guy only graduated law school 3 years prior and had never set foot in a court room in his entire life. Are you kidding me? There is no way to defend that one. And that's not the only one.

And as for Biden, I'm not a fan. I wasn't a fan of Clinton either. I called her Grandma. But one thing is certain. Either one will surround themselves with experts and will listen to them. That alone gets more done than he has been able to get done. And lastly, he loses any credibility he might have had with his nonstop hypocrisy. There are way too many instances to list here of him saying something like criticizing someone for doing something, and then he goes and does exactly what he is criticizing that person for. Case in point? He was critical of Obama's golf vacations. He said he wouldn't have time for golf. Yet during his time in office thus far he has played 266 rounds of golf while Obama played 333 rounds of golf during his entire 8 years in office. Add to that the amount of money that taxpayers have had to pay for drumpf's vacations. Obama cost US taxpayers $102 million over 8 years for his vacations. trump has cost US taxpayers over $105 million as of April 2020. Adding insult to injury, some of that money is paid to drumpf for secret service use of his properties.

I'm sorry but any justification for having voted for him initially has quite literally evaporated into thin air. You're worried about Biden? A paper bag would be a better president than drumpf. Have you read about the latest fiasco where numerous sources have indicated that drumpf was briefed on the Russian bounty on US soldiers and yet he did nothing but deny knowing anything about it. I could go on and on and on. You don't vote for change just for the sake of voting for change. You need someone capable to actually effect change. All he's done is turn the swamp that was Washington into a cesspool. He eked out a victory riding the back of the electoral college and lost the popular vote by 1.8 million votes. He's turned many republicans against him. He's turned black people against him. He's turned women against him. I don't know why they voted for him the first time since he openly bragged about grabbing women by their privates saying they liked it. How is that not worse than any creepiness factor of Joe Biden invading people's personal space but in no way being sexual about it? Sorry, you can't make this stuff up.

I hear your warning that it is possible he could beat Biden. We get that. He won once. He could do it again. But if my numerous posts explaining the truth about drumpf change even one or two people's view of him, then it's all worth it. Whether we like it or not, Biden's the candidate. I don't happen to think Sanders would have been better. He appeals to the younger more progressive crowd, but most Democrats are actually moderate, not far left like he is. And that's exactly why he didn't win the nomination. I would much rather have seen someone who could go toe to toe with drumpf and beat him at every single one of his games such as business track record and public office experience. But that didn't happen. Regardless, I can't remember an election where I actually liked the candidate I voted for. I have voted the lesser of two evils every time. That is an issue but one that may never be fixed. The better candidate in a lesser of two evils election will never be drumpf. Anyone who thinks he is, then I fall back to the main point you mentioned which is stupidity. Sorry. I've rambled on far too long.

MntnMan62

We aren't really that so far distant, in attitude in many ways here, maybe that's why we 'get it'
But being 'muricans you 'guys' just do it a bit more bigly :rolleyes:

There is a big suspicion whipped up of educated people, or people wanting to educate themselves - its called being 'elitist'.

'Middle class' aspirations other than of the 'economic betterment' sort -
-i mean those where they are centred around notions of social justice, equality, cohesion , are considered highly dubious in many circles.

And are slammed by the 'popular' press as 'political correctness gone mad' ' nanny state' or any other variation of lazy pejorative you can come up with.

Environmentalists, and equality advocates etc, are 'lefty do-gooders' 'unwashed rent a mob' or 'virtue signallers' - even when they are actively trying to make things fairer and better for others, not for themselves particularly, in fact often at expense to themselves.

Is it something to do with our 'peculiarly' Anglo Saxon culture of suspicion of those who make effort for the whole group, rather than just their own tribe - Who won't stick with the handed down 'hierachy' of 'God given' entitlement i don't know.

I guess it was the same mentality that allowed the flourishing, and justifying of the arrogant racist colonialist attitude in the first place.

"Its OK - we can hate, exploit, ignore, devalue 'that lot' over there, who don't look like us, cos they're not in our gang, we are superior, and we are entitled to all the stuff"

Not sure - further pondering - but something to think about while hoeing beans- not actually the beans in fact - the weeds around the beans of course.
As for how the media portrays different people as you state is unfortunate because they invariably lump everyone into one pot. But I contend that people who allow the media to dictate to them what people who espouse a particular position on something are to be called or described are part of the problem. People need to be intelligent enough to listen to the media with a skeptical ear, pull the facts out from several different sources and come to their own conclusions on any given topic. The sad reality is people listen to one news source and take it as fact and that's why it seems as though people are just "piling on". Which they are. People need to learn to think for themselves. And it only stands to reason that the people most apt to do so are those with an education, although that is clearly not always the case.

And as to this comment you posted: "Its OK - we can hate, exploit, ignore, devalue 'that lot' over there, who don't look like us, cos they're not in our gang, we are superior, and we are entitled to all the stuff"

Take a listen to this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Faa5hHxBU

Top Bottom