I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

Has he gone for the Parkinson's defence yet?
Ernest Saunders style, "alzheimer's". Ernie, the only living human to have made a recovery from a one way disease. Lazarus himself could not have done better. Ernie being the liar that he is has revised history and claims that he never claimed to have alzheimer's.
Ernie and Trump do have something in common, they are both inveterate liars, I can say that about Ernie without causing CC legal problems as there are reams of court papers that reveal his absolute mendacity.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Now that the Democrats control both houses, there is a way to stop tRumpf from running again

Edit: the video produced by the Democrats as their opening argument for impeachment can be seen here

Last edited:

yo vanilla

I watched the video. I actually saw the first half yesterday then got cut short until now.
I don't even know what to say. Of course it's edited for The Drama... but still, it all happened. I'm feeling a little embarrasment, a little shame, and a lot of facepalm. When I watch these people, in this video or otherwise, I really don't get what the big deal is.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I watched this guy when he gave his opening arguments. The most amazing part of all this is that even with this insanely horrible representation where hes saying exactly nothing, Trump will end up being acquitted. This country is being dragged into the mud by Trump and everyone supporting him. The Republican Party should be ashamed of themselves. The Republican Party would disintigrate into dust if it wasn't for the vast number of imbecilic morons who live in this country.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-impeachment-attorney-supercut-strange-moments-084702884.html

McConnell is hacking Trump up just now, makes Schumers closing speech look very polite.

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
Trump's defence teams final summary was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard

but they will still not get the numbers they need due to the vote being political and the OATH to be impartial being ignored by quite a lot of people who claim to be honest and Christian

starting to vote now

McConnell is 2021's man who wants to have his cake and eat it.
He's not mentioned retirement so I assume he is confident of expunging Trump from the party.
He has powerful backers, will be interesting to see if Cruz and the other sharp elbowed wannabe contenders for 2024 comment on McConnells closing speech.

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
McConnell is basically saying Trump is as guilty as Hell but as he is no longer 'The President' it is not constitutional to find him guilty
This is because of an interpretation of the exact words of the Holy Constitution - although it seems to me that this is just trying to get out of it
And, of course, ignoring the fact that the Senate have just voted that it IS valid

In effect he was looking for a way to keep trump's base as on side as possible
but by absolutely slamming his behaviour he has made ti clear that - at the moment - trump will not stand again as a republican
probably
depends how much trouble the orange one can stir up and how much of a hit the party takes
and, of course, this will all have been done with an eye on the money from donors - I suspect a lot of donors have said they want nothing to do with trump anymore

SkipdiverJohn

Veteran
McConnell is 2021's man who wants to have his cake and eat it.
He's not mentioned retirement so I assume he is confident of expunging Trump from the party.
He has powerful backers, will be interesting to see if Cruz and the other sharp elbowed wannabe contenders for 2024 comment on McConnells closing speech.
Trump wont be going anywhere, and those who voted with the Dems to impeach him are going to face a shitstorm of a backlash in their own states, with primary challenges to fight before they even next stand for re-election. Most of those that didn't support Trump in the impeachment circus won't ever stand for public office again. They'll be gone either in 2022 or by 2024 at the latest.
Those hoping to rid the GOP of Trump have conveniently forgotten that if he hadn't been the Republican candidate in 2016, Hillary would have won the presidency. Love him or loathe him, Trump can energise and motivate millions of voters that other politicians can't reach.

Top Bottom