I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Everything is a battle with you isn't it?

I disagree with your drearily predictable point of view.

Like it or lump it.
Do you think the comments were racist? I understand that Trump doesn't give a monkey's what you think but I'm sure you have an opinion.

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad
Everything is a battle with you isn't it?

I disagree with your drearily predictable point of view.

Like it or lump it.
And I yours. So what? No one's surprised by your position on this either. We've got people on here who advocate drowning refugees at sea, and people who support incitement to racial hatred. Just don't expect no one to notice.

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad
We got there in the end.
'We' didn't get anywhere, since you prefer to hide behind a completely bogus pretence of objectivity. I hope Mugshot is not holding his breath for an answer, but for me it's not necessary.

Even the most cursory examination shows this row is not about race.

The four women, known as 'the squad', have been constantly critical of Trump over just about everything - the 'constant drumbeat' of which I posted earlier.

They have been successful to the extent of getting under his skin to spark the tweets.

In those he complains of being told how it's done - it being government - by people with connections to countries that have or have had 'catastrophe governments'.

Were the women in this country, they would most likely be regarded as doing a decent job of opposition.

But it seems a significant number of Americans see them as being un-American, which goes down very badly.

Hence less than universal support for the women, and less than universal condemnation of the president.

This Telegraph article may need registration to read, but it does give political biographies of the congresswomen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/16/squad-us-congresswomen-centre-trump-row/

Flying_Monkey

Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere
The whole story that apologists for Trump try to tell, that someone it's completely and normally American to tell people to "go back where you come from" is also a deliberate ignorance of history and the way most American actually feel about their neighbours. Here's a poster produced for schools in the 1950s on this topic:
All-American.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom