I think Trump deserves his own thread ....

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by jefmcg, 16 Jan 2018.

1. perplexed

perplexed Guru

On the vulgar note - there was a pic of Farage grinning whilst outside the golden lift with Trump. Some wag was wondering if it was just prior to going up in the lift, or after it came down.

2. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Legendary Member

One of Donnies' conditions for a trade deal will probably be Farage as ambassador.

3. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

tic

Actually Lord Farage of Dulwich as ambassador to US has a certain appeal. If he's doing that he can't lead the Brexit Party and shorn of Nigel the BxP is knackered. If Boris keeps him on a tight reign then who loses?

/tic

4. perplexed

perplexed Guru

It did actually occur to me, that in these incredibly weird (and frankly, scary) times, that such a thing could happen. (No idea if it's constitutionally/legally etc possible). Setting the appalling treatment of the ambassador due to the tantrum of the man-child in the White House (and him being thrown under the bus by those, irony of irony, who are banging on about 'reclaiming sovereignty' whilst sucking up to Trump), could this effectively get Farage out of the way? The BXP is a one man band with a fan club attached, and as @Bromptonaut alludes to, no Farage, almost certainly no BXP.

Someone said on Twitter that if we really wanted to show some balls as a nation against Trump, we'd appoint Sadiq Khan as ambassador to the US...

5. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Legendary Member

I blinking love that idea!

perplexed and Spinney like this.
  6. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

7. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Given that continents have been formed in less time than the Met are taking to get to grips with the allegations against Vote Leave, I've no idea how long this will take - but I reckon there might be one or two nervous people around tonight.

Andy in Germany likes this.
  8. perplexed

perplexed Guru

Apparently not 'just' the Met - but the Counter Terrorism Unit - who I suspect may be a little more forthright in their investigations.

The second bit of the article may be aimed at a certain journalist.

Whoever the guilty party is, I rather hope they are feeling somewhat nervous*

Edited to add - *no, bugger that, I hope they're bricking themselves...

Mugshot and Andy in Germany like this.
  9. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

I'm sure I'm wrong and Trump isn't actually telling elected US politicians to go back to their own countries, is he? Sure there's a word for that.

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1150381394234941448

perplexed, C R and Andy in Germany like this.
  10. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

A fine example of combining racism and whataboutery.

C R likes this.
  11. graham bowers

graham bowers Über Member

I think the word is tw@t. There is no way on God's earth I'd go to the good old US of A whilst that idiot is driving.

C R and Dayvo like this.
  12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I've got a bike tour and a golf holiday planned for when he's out. Sooner, I hope. And pray!

C R and Andy in Germany like this.
  13. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

14. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

Bromptonaut, Andy in Germany and C R like this.
  15. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

The joke is that 3 of the women were actually born in the USA, so he is wrong on so many levels.

It is just staggering racism and should not be tolerated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice