I tried one out at last...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Jogger, which Giant equivalent were you thinking of? Link?
Specialized Sirrus is also highly rated.
Pinnacle is Evans own Brand.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
As I have not tried any of the other bikes, but I do own a Pinnacle Stratus 2.0, I can say that I have no serious gripe with it. I find it very comfortable, and provided you don't expect road bike performance, it is perfectly good enough for the trails and towpaths it was designed for. The only problem I had was an infuriating click from the chainset which I finally ditched and replaced.

Pinnacle bikes themselves seem good value, but Evan's service is patchy.

Fab Foodie

The Jogger said:
So, which of the 3 bikes do you think is the best......
http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=86039

sirrus, looks the bizz
There's a £100 covering the 3 and they all look reasonable (I discounted the suspended Giant). It's hard to say really. The spesh always has a good reputation, but I've often wondered why it comes with a suspension seatpost? Maybe it's because the ride is a bit stiff (fun!) but a bit vibey. Of the others, I rather like the Giant, Chromo forks always seem a good idea for comfort, better than Aluminium IMO. It would come down to trying them as specwise they're all OK for their respective prices. None of them would be a bad purchase!

Maz

Guru
I'm ever so slightly biased (as I own one), but I think you should give the Specialized Sirrus a test ride. I use mine for commuting and it's a great bike, IMHO.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Thats it, I'll order a sirrus on Tuesday, as part of our cycle2work scheme. I will stick a rack on the back for a couple of panniers and a couple of lights etc.......enough of uuummmming and aaahhhing I only have until the end of the month.....

Fab Foodie

The Jogger said:
Thats it, I'll order a sirrus on Tuesday, as part of our cycle2work scheme. I will stick a rack on the back for a couple of panniers and a couple of lights etc.......enough of uuummmming and aaahhhing I only have until the end of the month.....
Try it first and make sure you get the right size.
Make sure you can fit FULL mudguards if you're going to commute.

Good luck!

Maz

Guru
The Jogger said:
Thats it, I'll order a sirrus on Tuesday, as part of our cycle2work scheme...
Deffo give it a test ride first. You may actually prefer one of the other bikes you tried out...it's personal choice after all.

Top Bottom