I want a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
I have a bad, bad feeling. The feeling for the longing of a new bike..........

Actually I'm thinking of a second hand bike I can use as a winter hack. I feel that I have badly abused my new bike. Last time I took it for a ride I didn't bother to wipe it down and just left it for a few days. Went back to it and salt crystals were forming around the spokes and the chain had spots of rust on it (darn that road grit!!!). Que the panic and I promptly went and gave it a good clean and lube. So now it is sparkly and clean, but the chain has now got that abused look about it.

I do have my old bike - a GT Nomad Sport. However the frame size is slightly too small being only a 17.5, it's a female frame too so feels slightly "squished". You also can't get a rack on it as it doesn't have the appropriate braze ons and P-clips don't really work too well. There is nothing really wrong with the bike per se I suppose, it's just I want a new bike!

Maybe ebay will be my friend and there will be a bike locally I can pick up cheap. Or I suppose I could even try and get a frame and swap the components over (that would be entertaining I suppose, give me something to do for the rest of winter!).

snakehips

Anybody here not want a new bike ?
Snake
AS2.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
beanzontoast said:
I don't want a new bike. I want a new bike shed. As they cost roughly the same, think I'll end up going with the shed.

Now if I had a new bike shed I'd have more room for new bikes :angry:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I want new bikes.
A fixed to use as a TT bike. A fixed that i dont mind giving abuse, a bike i can do road race's on.
Just in the stages of persuading mum at the moment. Dont think it will go well:wacko:
Plax, get a frame, then start getting second hand parts cheap, and slowly build it up. That will be some fun and give you something to do.

jxyzb

vernon said:
Me. Not until I restore my Flying Gate ;)

What's a flying gate?

Top Bottom