I want a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would say don't bother for two reasons.

Firstly, you can't try any of them.

Secondly, for that price, the spec would be poor and you'll end up spending double the amount to put it all right.

If you look at the handle bars in the second link, I would imagine no self resp.ecting bike manufacturer would use the image to flog a bike

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
+ 1 uphillstrugglers comments if that is your budget , i think you would be better of looking at 2nd hand bikes , should pick up a nice example for that much easily .

where are you located ?

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

I would say don't bother for two reasons.

Secondly, for that price, the spec would be poor and you'll end up spending double the amount to put it all right.

If you look at the handle bars in the second link, I would imagine no self resp.ecting bike manufacturer would use the image to flog a bike

I was reading the reviews for the vittesse sprint and it sounds like a pretty good bike, the only problem people are having is with adjusting the gears.

Also nice job noticing the handle bars in the second picture, I wont be thinking about that again :tongue:

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

+ 1 uphillstrugglers comments if that is your budget , i think you would be better of looking at 2nd hand bikes , should pick up a nice example for that much easily .

where are you located ?

London

I looked at a few used bikes on ebay, but I doubt the finally bidding will be any where near my budget.

GTTTM

I'm nothing like an expert - but I have to say with my limited knowledge I wouldn't buy any of those.

I paid that much for my BSO/MTB type thing (which I actually love but that's beside the point). However I know that a road bike should cost a lot more than a BSO,...... and I'd be really worried about what I was getting for my money as a result.

the snail

Guru
For that money I'd look at a used Carrera or similar. The first one claims a weight of 19kg - even my steel tourer doesn't weigh that much, and twist grip gear change is just plain wrong on a road bike! They're also different frame sizes, regardless what you buy you need to get a size that fits you. I'd suggest you visit some bike shops and do a bit more research even if you don't buy from them.

<edit> I would go for most of these bikes in preference to the ones on Amazon:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/Bikes-/33...mPrRngCbx=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

<edit> I would go for most of these bikes in preference to the ones on Amazon:
http://www.ebay.co.u...14.l1513&_pgn=1

Most of them have been sold.

sad.gif

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you tried Gumtree? Just be sure you are happy about the bike's ownership, plenty of nicked bikes around, better than eBay as no bidding

Just allow £50 or so to get your local bike shop to give it the once over

Buying a new roadbike under £200, tbh it will probably be a piece of ...

What's your max budget? Halfords do a decent roadbike for £290 and Decathlon for £300

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

Have you tried Gumtree? Just be sure you are happy about the bike's ownership, plenty of nicked bikes around, better than eBay as no bidding

Just allow £50 or so to get your local bike shop to give it the once over

Buying a new roadbike under £200, tbh it will probably be a piece of ...

What's your max budget? Halfords do a decent roadbike for £290 and Decathlon for £300

My budgets £200 I dont want to buy a really expensive one because I just need it to get to uni really quick, I dont need to for racing, but I do need it to get to uni really quick since I have to get through north London through central into south London on a daily basis.

Also I live in London and I dont want to spend anything more since its likely the bike will get nicked.
sad.gif

vickster

Legendary Member
Does it have to have drop bars? You'll get more for your money from a flat bar fast hybrid :smile:

If you happen to be over 6ft, I have just the thing for sale :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The Raleigh and Trek you have linked to are fine. You may need to do a bit of work on them as they are second hand, but both competent bikes. Do you know what size frame you need?

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

The Raleigh and Trek you have linked to are fine. You may need to do a bit of work on them as they are second hand, but both competent bikes. Do you know what size frame you need?

I think about 26. Not sure Im about 5'8 if that helps o.0

Top Bottom