I Was A Naughty Cyclist This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
As I cycled at a reasonable speed passed a row of parked cars, outside of the doorzone, a motorist decided to tailgate me as I was slowing them up by a few seconds.
As I passed the last parked car I moved over to the left, only for the motorist to execute a speedy close pass.
All of the motorists actions were in vain as the traffic lights just ahead were red and had been for a while.
The motorist then deliberately or through incompetence completely blocked Swindon's only ASL, preventing any filtering up the left, ignoring the first stop line therefore occupying the whole left side of the ASL.
So I decided to filter on the right, upon realising the whole length of the ASL had been occupied I manoeuvred my bike in front of the motorist, unfortunately causing me to cross over the stop line, naughty me.
We turned into the next road, a two lane road, the motorist overtook me again and I noticed he was shouting something, no idea what as his windows were closed and he was speeding off. I can only assume he was complementing me on my road bike, which was nice of him.:tongue:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
As I cycled at a reasonable speed passed a row of parked cars, outside of the doorzone, a motorist decided to tailgate me as I was slowing them up by a few seconds.
As I passed the last parked car I moved over to the left, only for the motorist to execute a speedy close pass.
All of the motorists actions were in vain as the traffic lights just ahead were red and had been for a while.
The motorist then deliberately or through incompetence completely blocked Swindon's only ASL, preventing any filtering up the left, ignoring the first stop line therefore occupying the whole left side of the ASL.
So I decided to filter on the right, upon realising the whole length of the ASL had been occupied I manoeuvred my bike in front of the motorist, unfortunately causing me to cross over the stop line, naughty me.
We turned into the next road, a two lane road, the motorist overtook me again and I noticed he was shouting something, no idea what as his windows were closed and he was speeding off. I can only assume he was complementing me on my road bike, which was nice of him.:tongue:

I hope you waved at him (only using a small part of your hand) to thank him for the compliment :giggle:

her_welshness

Or you could do what I saw another cyclist do (after a car tried to cut him up), pull up level with him at the traffic lights and clean his window with your gloves, with a beaming smile on your face :hello:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yesterday morning coming into Leeds I was in the permanent bus lane. Behind me an Audi came up at speed.

Oddly enough, I was in primary. At the lights (in same permanent bus lane) I turned, blew them a kiss and set off slowly. For some reason they didn't attempt to get any closer ^_^

Oh, and there's bus lane camera just gone up. So they're likely to get a nice letter from the council inviting them to contribute some additional funds.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, naughty indeed, and like you, sometimes I just cannot stop myself. :biggrin:

Still, it's best to wait behind todgers like that one, else they might do something even worse if you give them another chance at you.

jpaavfc

@DCLane -
I turned, blew them a kiss and set off slowly. For some reason they didn't attempt to get any closer ^_^

I blow kisses when need arises as well....makes them either back waaayyyyy off, or they go even more nuts.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or a slow set off, just enough to get the legs rolling, gentle accelleration and when at a reasonable rpm, step on the gas and sprint off at full pelt.

Top Bottom