I was at a Fancy Dress party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

on Saturday at my mates house in Harrogate and got talking to some bloke who I'd never met.

Anyway as usual I end up having a bizarre conversation going off on tangents and don't know why but ends up he can't swim!! He was only 28. He mentioned he knows a few people who can't swim.

I found this bizarre for someone as young. I don't know anyone in Scotland who can't swim. I thought everyone got taught at school??

simoncc

What's the problem? It's fairly easy to avoid drowning in Harrogate.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

There's not a problem. Just thought most people could these days. But the more I think about it the more I think it's a must for parents to make sure their kids can swim. More so from a safety point of view but also, I couldn't imagine in my youth to not have been able to go to the baths with my mates or swimming in the local river during the summer.

simoncc said:
What's the problem? It's fairly easy to avoid drowning in Harrogate.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Extremely common surely?When I left middle school the overwhelming majority of school kids couldn't swim. Unless you change your definition to a few lessons at school and swimming half of a 7m length, then perhaps something approaching a majority could.

buggi

Bird Saviour
This is worse.... a guy i work with can't....

RIDE A BIKE!!!!

He told me his mum was over protective and wouldn't let him have one when he was little

Top Bottom