IAM poll about SMIDSY incidents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That survey is rubbish! Impossible to answer because multiple selections are not possible on most questions, one of the two questions that do allow multiple selections also includes the option "more than one of the above" & the answers to some questions are predicated on the answer to a previous one!

I could not fill it in properly.

Thanks for the heads up though.

400bhp

Guru
That survey is rubbish! Impossible to answer because multiple selections are not possible on most questions, one of the two questions that do allow multiple selections also includes the option "more than one of the above" & the answers to some questions are predicated on the answer to a previous one!

I could not fill it in properly.

Thanks for the heads up though.

completely agree-crap survey.

mumbo jumbo

completely agree-crap survey.
For most questions you can answer "other" and then write whatever you want - that's what I did anyway. Let's not diss them too much. As far as I have ever been able to tell, they have a pro cycling "share the roads" philosophy and are looking at an issue of particular concern to us cyclists. Good on 'em I say.

Mad at urage

As others have said, design is complete crap (which i pointed out in one of the 'other' comments). I'm either a cyclist or a driver apparently and multiple SMIDSYs must all have come from the same side :rolleyes:. Filled it in as best I can.

400bhp

Guru
For most questions you can answer "other" and then write whatever you want - that's what I did anyway. Let's not diss them too much. As far as I have ever been able to tell, they have a pro cycling "share the roads" philosophy and are looking at an issue of particular concern to us cyclists. Good on 'em I say.

I take your point. I was an IaM member in the past but saw little point in continuing membership as there were little benefits.

If everyone took the IaM course the roads would be a much safer and pleasant place to be.

They were a little stuck in their ways (the "system" for turning used to annoy me).

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Surveys are not their strong-point for sure, but I agree all drivers ought to get trained to advanced level. I've done both IAM and RoSPA and didn't see any particular difference other than RoSPA wanting commentary for the pre-drive checks and, from memory, the commentary drive being compulsory for RoSPA if you hope to get Gold (which I did) and optional for IAM.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It is a pretty poor survey, but at least they're asking.

I'm just beginning some driving with the local RoSPA group. Interesting that members here have popped up and said they're qualified advanced drivers. I wonder if cyclists are more likely to be?

Top Bottom