Ice side handlebar mount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Do you mean side mounting bar for bar bag???? Or handlebar mount for mirror????

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

Yes i used the name that ICE have used on their website but it is the one that holds handlebar bag at the side of the seat. I have a rack bag i am thinking of trying to convert using rixenkaul fittings and was wondering if it was worth it
was thinking of using it for phone camera snack bars etc
Sorry if i dint explain myself to well before

byegad

Legendary Member
I don't have one but have seen them in use. They work well, but do make the trike significantly wider. OK on the road, but not if you are using tracks with pinch points at gates and the like. I mounted a bar bag behind the seat using and old stem clamped onto the seat rail and a length cut from an old handlebar. This mounts the bag inside the width of the seat but I cannot reach into it on the move. You can reach into a bar bag mounted with the ICE accessory.

Catrike have a diffrent answer to this issue, as they designed (with Arkel) a frame bag that fits inside the rear triangle

2959321613_029bc1e65b.jpg

More aerodynamic and makes no difference to the width.

tonycollinet

I've got one. Nice additional storage for road rides, but as stated above, if the bar bag is fitted, it extends out further than the front wheel, and gets in the way with pinch gates. I have a quick release for the bag, so can just put it in my lap for a minute or two while going through.

With the bag not fitted it is no problem - so you can choose whether or not to use it. It aslo provides another mounting point for an additional bottle cage.

Bag makes a nice arm rest also.:biggrin:

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Ian,
I have two Bar Bag mounts on my Trike.
They are what I have fitted arm rests to.
I had them on when we went on the Cloud and Rutland Ride.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Bill.

10fp5li.jpg

Cullin

Über Member
Hi,

I find they do take the strain out of your shoulders, also I do not press down on them, it is more to rest arms on, The position is just right as hands are on the controls and back end of forearms near elbow sit at the same level, If you look at the Elvo Video on YouTube, you may see them, Ron in Holland spotted the armrests from this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1mE5uW2x8

We will have to get another ride together soon, it has been hard for me this last year, maybe in a few weeks time, will see if the Redmountduo can make it, I was arranging a family ride at Sherwood Pines not long ago, but with illnes, it all got filed.

Cheers Bill.

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Ian,

Can't plan too far ahead, what with Mrs. C's neck problems, plus we have a lot going on at the moment, I do want to meet up again, not had much luck with rides laterly, I still fancy a ride at Sherwood Pines, Plenty of parking somewhere to eat and good for rides, was trying to get a family ride in, but that never happened.
I will have to play it by ear, will let you know as soon as I do.

Bill.

Top Bottom