ICE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Its everywhere!! I got up this morning and found a pixie had covered the land in water crystals :laugh: The whole of my road is covered in it, just starting to melt now with the sun, but cars are still going down it at 40. Just waiting for a nice big bang ;)

God I'd hate to be on two wheels out there today.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's been so cold here that when I woke this morning, there was an ice cube in bed next to me. When I thawed it out, it went, "Thhhrrrrrrrppppppp." Now THAT'S cold!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well think of a couple of Frozen Forum rides today...... I had to abandon getting to the Holme Moss loop as the roads near me deteriorated pretty quickly. I had to walk to the main road - flip flops, with my road shoes in my hand....

Willow

the inside of the car windscreen was frozen as well as the outside. Nice day for a ride, football matches cancelled but DS2 poorly so won't be going out.

mr Mag00

rising member
v v white here too. lovely views. thinking about going for a cpl of hours 1-3pm but i guess it will start to freeze in shlertered spots again by then ;)
a day off?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive been out. My ride was fine, then got onto a more main road, had white on i slowed down and kept going.
Bit slippy at some traffic lights, leg braked and when moving off the from trackstand it was abit slippy, even when being carefull.
Stayed to main roads, and when we turned off to go to the cafe down a country road, a few people decided it wasnt that safe. Me and 2 other people went down, wasnt too bad, but had ice on it aswell.
Excellent fun on that bit tho, nice skids and wheel spins(not that i would be so childish to do this:rolleyes:;))
Its lovely out:becool:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
ice dont I know its icy .... came off about an hour ago patch of black ice. Fortunately a slow speed offing was like a bloomin icerink the particular corner I came off at

Cranky

Nice 35 mile ride today in West Oxon. A gentle pace to take account of frost and icy patches. A couple of minor wheel spins up hills but otherwise fine with care. Gorgeous day though!

First time I have seen the sea marsh along side the road on the way to Church, covered in frost this morning and it took nearly all of the first service (about 3/4s of an hour) to get any feeling back into the tips of my fingers and toes ;) ( which is not good when I was operating the sound desk). Fotunately it had warmed up significantly by the time I came home :laugh:.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Flying_Monkey said:
There's been a good thread on 'how to cycle on ice' in Commuting...

Yeah dont. :laugh::laugh:

If its icy I wont cycle on it, been off last year and put me in pain for a week. :laugh: I suppose if you have decent speciality tyres you might get away with it. Does make me crave a trike of some sort though (finances dont allow though)

Evilcat

Went out first thing for a quick 50k, but took it rather gingerly on the corners. Came back and ordered some road boots and new gloves once circulation had returned to my fingers!

EC

Top Bottom