I'd forgotten how fab cycling is!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Just been for my first ride over 5 miles for about three months due to various things. It was HEAVEN!!! I'd forgotten how much fun cycling is. Took the train to Harrogate and cycled home. Country lanes, crows in the grey skies, a free cup of tea from a man in a van because I was a 'pretty cyclist', some fab hills to conquer and endorphins running riot now I'm home.

My bike is GORGEOUS! Life is AMAZING! We have a FABULOUS sport!

:angry::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue::girl:

Yes it is thanks. I also have a cold which is still hanging around so I'm coughing but not quite as badly. I'll see the doc this week for a preventer and then i'll feel more confident about going for a ride and being able to breathe properly :angry:

What have you been up to then?

I know the feeling. I packed up cycling some years ago. Mainly due to time and having a passion for Italian motorcycles, however its nice to return. However, its now harder as I'm now older!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You're right, Cathryn. I've been hors de combat for 2 weeks and was starting to get really frustrated so I went out today for a very gentle 30 miler. It was great to get out in the fresh air again. I did my slowest ever ascent of Ditchling Beacon to get home but never mind. Coffee and a bacon baguette topped it off.

I haven't been out since the end of October and I'm chomping at the bit. :biggrin:

Unfortunately I fear my fitness levels will have dropped. I've got a hack bike here (at me mum's) but no cycling clothes!

Two weeks in Jan/Feb in Spain will put me right. :angry:

Cranky

I'm looking forward to a gentle 30 miles tomorrow with my local group after a week of being laid up with flu. Should be OK now although a blocked ear is still affecting my balance a bit.

Also hoping that my daughter will rediscover the joys of the velocipede when she's out with us tomorrow, as she hardly ever gets time to ride her bike these days due to other commitments.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Weather has been a bit grim here so the commuter got a wash and polish after it's car bashing antics on Thursday....

Not actually sure when I'll be out - weather looks rubbish over here tomorrow.

Go out an do more miles before this drizzel catches you !!!!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I can't wait to get back on my bike. Severe tonsillitis and a dose of flu has kept me off the bike for four weekends. Hope to be back on one of my steeds sometime next week.

postman

Legendary Member
Hello Vernon,keep away from our side of the street.It has had the dreaded stomach virus.Three families have gone down with it.But not me luckily.It has been a perfect day here in Leeds for cycling.But i have just caught up with ironing and housework.Bah humbug.

Top Bottom