I'd just rode up a hill..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Yesterday and heard (over the headphones) a funny scraping noise, it wasnt the bike, but somethng else and as I was too busy in BREATHING at the lights, not long after the inclination had finished i turned around and noticed something hanging down on the front of the car behind me: so I shouted to him...

The look on his face was classicly horrified! something like ;)

:angry:

domtyler

Über Member
WHY??

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I thought you would of looked in your make up handlebar mirror to find out what it was;)
;)
Come on, what was it, my guess was the exhaust or that drip tray that is under the engine.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Joe24 said:
I thought you would of looked in your make up handlebar mirror to find out what it was;)
:sad:
Come on, what was it, my guess was the exhaust or that drip tray that is under the engine.

Looked like that. Or some type of flat panel.

On the topic of hills. A mate of mine had was cycling up a narrow road up a hill when a car came up behind him and started to give him grief. He let it passed and thought no more about it. When he go to the top, there it was and too big lads sat in it. He thought he was in for more grief but all they said "wow, I never thought you'd get up the hill so fast".

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I heard a terrible row behind me once as I was tackling the 4 mile climb out of Hebden Bridge towards Haworth. I looked round and saw a campervan coming up fast. Its nearside rear tyre was completely flat and smoke was coming out of it :biggrin:!

I tried flagging the driver down but she completely ignored me. She was clearly oblivious to the fact that the vehicle was slewing about, that it was making strange loud noises and that she was leaving a trail of smoke behind her. A classic case of driving without due care and attention...

Anyway, on she went secure in her own little world. Twenty minutes later I found her standing next to the van at the top of the hill, looking somewhat upset!

I asked her why she hadn't stopped when she saw me waving at her at the foot of the hill and she denied having seen anybody...

It was in the days before mobiles, so I said I'd phone her husband for her when I got home. He was at work and he wasn't a happy chappy when I told him what had happened, especially the bit about his wife driving 4 miles on the rim of a wheel before she noticed that something was wrong!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

HLaB said:
On the topic of hills. A mate of mine had was cycling up a narrow road up a hill when a car came up behind him and started to give him grief. He let it passed and thought no more about it. When he go to the top, there it was and too big lads sat in it. He thought he was in for more grief but all they said "wow, I never thought you'd get up the hill so fast".

No wonder people go down with illness's when they're willing to be a thought and not put anything out fo their body in the way of EXERCISE !

In other words drive up a hill instead of walking up it.

Ive always said that if you eat then you've got to expend that food. for some reason people dont get this at all and eat for some other reason than burning moving the body around expending calories.

Top Bottom