If Carlsberg made commutes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So today with my wife and kids away (getting double glazing installed over the next day or so), I managed to leave the house a little earlier, so I thought I would try the alternative first section of my commute which would avoid the busy rural A roads. The alternative is about 1.5 miles longer, has more hills and is on back country roads.

It was brill! ;) Nice cold crisp morning, a little frost on the ground, but nothing too bad. The scenery was brilliant, I saw/heard geese, spotted some deer, got a great view over Glasgow with the sun rising, rode through a ford, and there was only the odd car. :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Once in town traffic was heavy, so I cruised passed plenty of stationary cars/vans/trucks with a huge smile on my face. Why, oh why, does everyone drive to work? I really can't understand it. Yes, there are occasional irritations cycling in, and sometimes the weather can be a pain, but even if I was to only have one commute a year like this, it would be worth it.

The video is uploading and will follow shortly! :biggrin:

RedBike

Have a read of this cycle commuters blog in Manchester.
http://www.biking2work.co.uk/blog/

It's a wonder anyone cycles to work.

RedBike

I really enjoyed my commute last summer. I didn't mind it too much last winter when it was shorter and I could take the car if I wanted.

This year, i'm car free and i'm not enjoying the commute as much. It's longer, 90mins each way, and its not much fun when it's freezing, pissing down and icy.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
When its good, riding to work is really really good. My full commute is hard work but stunning on its day. Haven't had the chance recently though.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Days like last Friday can be testing - bitterly cold and very windy, but the sense of accomplishment from having defeated it is more rewarding than driving or catching a train.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Oi! I am the 'Magnatom of the World!' :biggrin:

Time to get that brain into one of your magnets - if it'll fit!:biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:

Once in town traffic was heavy, so I cruised passed plenty of stationary cars/vans/trucks with a huge smile on my face. Why, oh why, does everyone drive to work? I really can't understand it. Yes, there are occasional irritations cycling in, and sometimes the weather can be a pain, but even if I was to only have one commute a year like this, it would be worth it.

Good question! :biggrin:

Top Bottom