if helmets became compulsory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
First off, sorry for opening yet another helmet debate :blush:

However, should they become compulsory, what would you do? [sub](mainly aimed at the no to helmets brigade)[/sub]

a: cut down or stop cycling

b: comply and wear one

c: not wear one in protest

B, it isn't worth arguing with the Police over.

yello

B - comply with the law... and join a pro-choice group

It doesn't bother me greatly to wear a helmet, even though I don't for most of my riding, but I'd oppose any compulsion.

martint235

Dog on a bike
b.

Is there really a "no to helmets brigade" or are you referring to the "no to compulsory helmets brigade"? I've worn a helmet in the past and I may do again in the future, it's a question of perception of risk but I've never had any opinion over whether or not anyone else should wear one. It's a personal choice and should remain one.

david k

Hi
how could they make it enforceable? how many kids knock about on bikes without them, what would thye do? Its not as if they could put points on your license is it?

but anyway b - like usual

Bicycle

B. It's not really an issue for me.

Anecdote warning: When I was younger and the wearing of seatbelts in the front seats of cars was made mandatory in France, there was a brief craze for white T-shirts with a black diagonal stripe... so the Gendarmes would think it was a seatbelt. It made me gigle, but not much.

I often ride without a helmet, but if it became law, I'd obey it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom