If you park your bike outside London Bridge...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
If you left your bike outside the new Shard exit chained onto the fence and you are near enough to go and move it, I would advise doing so.

I saw station staff putting up signs next to bikes that were already there stating no bikes must be left there and any left would be removed:

jt739c.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
Reminds me of the situation outside a building on Cowcross Steet a few years back, the company decided they did not like the couriers parking their bikes on the railings and so removed a couple of bikes.

The following night the railing were removed

Total length was about 50m, it left the basement open, which then had to be boarded up, new railings made and fitted, it must have cost tens of thousands of pounds. The new railings were made bike friendly

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
out of curiosity...seeing as network rail is a private company, and it looks as if the rails are on the opposite side of the side walk, and presumably on public land do they actually have a right to remove anything?

Brains

Legendary Member
out of curiosity...seeing as network rail is a private company, and it looks as if the rails are on the opposite side of the side walk, and presumably on public land do they actually have a right to remove anything?
Knowing the layout of that station, I suspect it's not public land

Top Bottom