If you won the lottery.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
.... How much would you donate to charity instantly?

For arguements sake, say you won £1.5 million....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
10% myself, and it would go to Cancer Charities.

lazyfatgit

Probably not do anything at all with it instantly.

I'd need to get my head round the idea of not having to work first of all.

Then money would be distributed around family/friends probably.

As I already give to charity, cant see that I wouldn't just up the amount.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
on the road said:
£1.5 million is nothing theses days, doesn't go very far.

Once you start thinking about spending it - it doesnt seem to go far.

But thinking about those people that have made a success of new starts (various programes on C4 etc) - they seem to start with a lot less :tongue:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
on the road said:
£1.5 million is nothing theses days, doesn't go very far.

Kind of why I suggested that amout £3-4 million or more is harder to lose... but 1.5 you could spend quite easily so wondered how many people would give nothing?

Bman

Guru
With 1.5m I probably wouldnt donate any to charity. After a new house for us, and paying off the families morgages, there would be hardly any left.

Greedo

£1.5 million in the grand scheme of things for a lottery win is not a great deal these days. IMHO

Most people tend to think that they'd pay off people mortgages such as family and friends etc..... but in reality that would not leave a lot left.

Whereas if they used the money and made it work for them they could increase in significantly over time and do more good with it.

To be honest if I won £1.5 million I would probably give 10% to charity and I've always had this idea that i'd have envelopes with £1000 each in them and everyday for a period of time I'd give away one to someone random I thought deserved it. Just someone that day that touched me, like an old woman struggling in the rain etc.....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greedo said:
Just someone that day that touched me, like an old woman struggling in the rain etc.....

You let old women in the street touch you?

Do they get up and walk and throw away their crutches then?:laugh:

dudi

Bongman said:
With 1.5m I probably wouldnt donate any to charity. After a new house for us, and paying off the families morgages, there would be hardly any left.

Just totted up all the mortgages I'd pay off if I won £1.5m and i'd be left with about £1m.

Still plenty to keep you going. The interest alone on that amount of money is £20k a year. and with no mortgage to pay, that would be plenty enough to sustain my current lifestyle for which I work 40 hours a week to pay for.

It all depends on your expectations of your wealth.

Top Bottom