Ignore moderators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
There are a few moderators who I'd like to ignore because they keep feeding trolls and wasting topic space, but I'm not allowed to by the forum software. Pretty please could this be changed?

Shaun

Founder
No, sorry, I need the moderators to be visible to all members for times when they need to referee threads and carry out moderator operations.

PM me with examples and I'll discuss it with the mods in question.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

yenrod

BentMikey said:
There are a few moderators who I'd like to ignore because they keep feeding trolls and wasting topic space, but I'm not allowed to by the forum software. Pretty please could this be changed?

I understand Benty - at least the police wear a uniform !

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh, I'm fairly happy with the moderation on here, and it's not as though there actually is a lot of moderation going on. It's really minimal - I'm not sure I have ever seen a moderator comment I *needed* to read. If a topic is suddenly locked or moved it's easy enough to click "view post" to find out why. If I need to be told I did something wrong, surely they can just PM me, which is probably what they should be doing anyway as proper practice?

yenrod

>If I need to be told I did something wrong, surely they can just PM me, which is probably what they should be doing anyway as proper practice?

Quite true.

90% on here are ok. ! - i feel.

I don't use the ignore list either. I like the breadth of opinion on this site.

yenrod

There are some mods on here who simply hinder rather than help.

I've had words with Shaun before now on this matter and it appears nothing has been communicated on this matter.

Maybe Im wrong?

Mods do...need to be visible, surprising it hasn't been done before now!

yello

Each to their own Mr Hippo. Whilst I might not use the ignore facility, I will defend to my death (well, not quite, there are greater causes) the right of others to do so.

I don't know who the moderators are btw. Nor do I think I've seen a moderated post/thread. I stop reading once something gets silly.

wafflycat

No, the mods don't need to be visible. This is why:-

Apart from the fact the modding here is done with a *very* light touch,

1. No modding decision is going to please everyone, there's always going to be one or two with noses out of joint

2. Remember back to the C+ days when the mods were identified - the result was utter unnecessary *nastiness* to the mods. It was beyond a joke

3. The mods aren't doing it for money - they give of their time to help keep this place running very smoothly - and for the most part, they do it damn well.

beancounter

The ignore facility is an absolutely invaluable feature of any forum. At last count there were 50 posters on mine.

If only we had the same facility in real life!

bc

beancounter said:
At last count there were 50 posters on mine.
bc

50? Flippin heck, do other people have this many on ignore lists? I have 1 or 2 but only due to their regular dullness. I wouldn't block posts because somebody annoyed me.

Can we find out who's ignore lists we are on?

Top Bottom