Ill for xmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
Dam it, woke up at 4am with a sore throat. I'm doing the recycling tomorrow at St Nicks, hope it goes by then.

We went round to a friends house for a meal, and one of them had flue like symptoms from having loads of jabs for their impending African safari.

Yuk I hate being sick. :rolleyes:

It could be worse though.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's not Christmas yet so think positive and it will be gone by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Gromit said:
We went round to a friends house for a meal, and one of them had flue like symptoms from having loads of jabs for their impending African safari.

Smoke coming out of their ears?
Bad luck, always happens to me when I due to take some time off. This year though I'm in the last throes of a stinking cold, just 2 long days at work next week and I'm done until 4 Jan... It's a long shot but I might just make it!

Hope you recover quickly!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Dam it, woke up at 4am with a sore throat. I'm doing the recycling tomorrow at St Nicks, hope it goes by then.

Yuk I hate being sick. :biggrin:

It could be worse though.

I don't think you can have caught anything from them, if they are having the after effects of a jab, if that's what you're worried about.

Stock up on Lockets and Tunes and stuff, drink a lot of juice, and refuse to be ill. Or think of it this way - get the cold over with now, you'll be better in a couple of days, before Christmas.

I'll see you tomorrow then...

And don't bloody give whatever it is to me!:rolleyes:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Yesterday, I had to ring the engineers to get one to come out tomorrow morning to fix my poorly washing machine-after the usual name, address, tel number details, she asked me whether anyone in the house was displaying swine-flu symptoms:ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
I'm just getting over flu/man flu/heavy cold, have been out to check the car still works as it's not moved for weeks.
2 days in work for me then off til 4th Jan:biggrin:
Need to get in serious training mode next month,the xmas over-eating has started already:cheers:

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Arch said:
I don't think you can have caught anything from them, if they are having the after effects of a jab, if that's what you're worried about.

Stock up on Lockets and Tunes and stuff, drink a lot of juice, and refuse to be ill. Or think of it this way - get the cold over with now, you'll be better in a couple of days, before Christmas.

I'll see you tomorrow then...

And don't bloody give whatever it is to me!:wacko:

Texted Tom to say I wont be in, not getting any better, don't want to push it and be too sick to drive to Oxford.

You will have the pleasure of Johnny Todd tomorrow, who hopefully has no colds to spread around. :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Texted Tom to say I wont be in, not getting any better, don't want to push it and be too sick to drive to Oxford.

You will have the pleasure of Johnny Todd tomorrow, who hopefully has no colds to spread around. :wacko:

Oh, right. Well, he'll do. I might learn some more Japanese...

Slowgrind

Nine weeks ago today I ended up being admitted to hospital with a dreadfull cough. I had been suffering for some time but didn't pay enough attention to my symptoms, a bad cough! Within the next 24 hours I was taken to the ICU and spent the next three weeks on a ventilator followed with a couple of weeks in the high dependancy unit. The rest of my time I have had to relearn feeding myself,walking, using the toilet and all those other things that I previously took for granted. The moral of my tale listen to your body! It tells you when to eat, when to sleep, when you are in pain. Treat your symptoms! Eat what you can,take in as much fluiid as you can and rest as much as you can. Don't end up like I did! Hope I don't sound to much like the voice of doom but thats my little tale!

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Slowgrind said:
Nine weeks ago today I ended up being admitted to hospital with a dreadfull cough. I had been suffering for some time but didn't pay enough attention to my symptoms, a bad cough! Within the next 24 hours I was taken to the ICU and spent the next three weeks on a ventilator followed with a couple of weeks in the high dependancy unit. The rest of my time I have had to relearn feeding myself,walking, using the toilet and all those other things that I previously took for granted. The moral of my tale listen to your body! It tells you when to eat, when to sleep, when you are in pain. Treat your symptoms! Eat what you can,take in as much fluiid as you can and rest as much as you can. Don't end up like I did! Hope I don't sound to much like the voice of doom but thats my little tale!

Oh dear that doesn't sound good, I'm a great believer of taking time off work if your sick. Espeshally after trying to work through aches and pains last time I was poorly doing the recycling. I ended up even worse than if I'd stayed at home for a few days.

My legs and arms are really achy and I have a high temp and need to go for a wee more frequently. Oh and also feel really cold.

Bikepete has gone of to give our friends some keys for Billa sitting, didn't want to go for fear of giving their little boy something nasty over Christmas.

Slowgrind hope you recover back to your old self, and take it easy.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Not sure what I have got. The symptoms are (briefly) ear ache, slightly stiff neck, sore throat, and very fuzzy head, with mild aches in arms and legs. :sad:

I was supposed to be going to a Carol Concert today. But like Gromit, I really do not want to pass on germs to lots of other peeps and spoil their Christmas.

According to Nhs direct, I could have Labrinthitis, Measles, and various other unspellable illnesses, or a tooth absess. I do not think it is the absess cos I was at the dentist on Monday, and everything was fine.

I will ring the Doc's tomorrow, they have triage nurses to see people very quickly and a Duty Doctor available for emergencies.

My current prescription is to stay indoors, warm and cosy, watch Sherlock Holmes, and drink plenty of fluids, non-alcoholic, and a light supper, with mince pies, and an early night. Can anyone suggest anything else?

potsy

Rambler
Speicher said:
Not sure what I have got. The symptoms are (briefly) ear ache, slightly stiff neck, sore throat, and very fuzzy head, with mild aches in arms and legs. :sad:

I was supposed to be going to a Carol Concert today. But like Gromit, I really do not want to pass on germs to lots of other peeps and spoil their Christmas.

According to Nhs direct, I could have Labrinthitis, Measles, and various other unspellable illnesses, or a tooth absess. I do not think it is the absess cos I was at the dentist on Monday, and everything was fine.

I will ring the Doc's tomorrow, they have triage nurses to see people very quickly and a Duty Doctor available for emergencies.

My current prescription is to stay indoors, warm and cosy, watch Sherlock Holmes, and drink plenty of fluids, non-alcoholic, and a light supper, with mince pies, and an early night. Can anyone suggest anything else?
That's what i've been doing all week(apart from the Sherlock Holmes bit)
+ some paracetamol and hot lemon to drink.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Potsy it is Sherlock Holmes weekend on ITV3, they must have known I would be ill. :sad:

At least I can still eat the mince pies, gently heated and with lovely vanilla ice cream.

I haven't got any lemons but I think I have some blackcurrant squash.

Top Bottom