I'm a hero!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Top notch!

A worthy journey for a worthy cause. You are a hero because your contribution will help change lives for the better.

classic33

Leg End Member
This isn't you is it @Brandane?
CAM01053-1.jpg

Ice2911

Über Member
PMSL :laugh::laugh:. No-one will ever convince me that rain (I mean PROPER Scottish rain, none of yer half-hearted southern-softy stuff) and cycling is a good mix :smile:.
Only positive of the rain is sometimes the cloud so low you can't see the top of the hill your climbing and that makes it easier. Always a silver lining :smile:
Good effort though and well done :smile:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane wow, you did reach your target, impressive stuff!

Errrm, not really..... The fundraiser saw sense and lowered the target significantly when she realised it might be putting people off. It went from £5k (IIRC) to £2k at the stroke of a key. I think I reached about £1600 including gift aid; but that plus whatever they raised elsewhere was enough to impress a community funding panel who approved the rest of the money.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well done. Thats one for the scrapbook.

snorri

Legendary Member
I am disappointed that your local rag has omitted the invaluable contribution that I made by riding alongside for about 25 of those miles. I believe that I have earned the title of “Assistant Hero”. It’s just shoddy journalism..... I will be writing to the editor.
I'm glad you raised that issue and am sure you will be happy to share the glory with other "Assistant Heroes" along the route, even although my distance shared was somewhat less than 25 miles :biggrin:.
More seriously,......................Well done Brandane:notworthy:.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
I am disappointed that your local rag has omitted the invaluable contribution that I made by riding alongside for about 25 of those miles.

I believe that I have earned the title of “Assistant Hero”.

It’s just shoddy journalism..... I will be writing to the editor.
And rightly so, remember you made it possible :okay:

Top Bottom