I'm baack, nother video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
At least you saw it coming and had time to react. An unnecessary overtake from an impatient motorist.

Garages can be danger areas and it's worth remembering where they are situated on your commute.

Yes a complete plonker. Must have saved.... probably no time at all!

It looks like after you hit the horn the first time that they hesitate. I take it you slowed down at that point Mike? By slowing down they might have thought it best just to turn anyway to get out of the way. Of course it wasn't the best course of action, but it looks like they got flustered and just wanted to get out of there. Poor driving.

Of course I could be wrong and he might have hesitated, thought, 'oh just a bike' and gone anyway. Ah, to be able to understand the mind of a car driver....xx(

(To understand the mind of a helmet camera cyclist just look at my signature below.....;):biggrin:)

spindrift

it looks like they got flustered

I agree, that's no excuse though magna. Classic underestimation of a cyclist's speed, then dithering, then a bullying, selfish manoever.

WTF overtake, remain in the right hand lane, then turn at exactly the right time to impede another road user?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's not a bad one - silly mistake, poor road positioning - at least you had room to slow. But they do just ignore warnings..phfft !

I was overtaken last year on a slightly downhill section - with a cycle lane, but I was positioned outside it. Doing about 25 and a flat back transit pulls just in front of me, and starts indicating left and trying to turn.

I was calculating whether I could actually turn at the side of him, to avoid going under the side of the ban at this point. I ended up shouting 'Oi you've got to be kidding' - he heard it, and aborted the turn, with just enough room for me to get past...just shook my head - absolutely no-where to go.

I've had the fun of pulling right up by the side of a car when they've forced out from a layby and shouting "OI - LOOK WHAT YOU ARE DOING" through the closed window - the old mare didn't know I was there and literally jumped out of her seat !!!

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Another case of "cyclist, must overtake at any cost". Even sounding the horn doesn't stop them from turning across you!

Shakes head..... I think I'm going to invest in an Airzound though.

col

Legendary Member
Definitely a stupid driver,makes you wonder what they are thinking?

mangaman

Very cool response

When you said "you stupid w..." I thought you were going to say something else for a moment

Top Bottom