im feeling the courier buzz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

I have been looking at fixed bikes recently, partly cos im a fashion victim and partly because i like the idea of only one gear improving your fitness and leg strength.

I now have a collection of 3 bikes

Bianchi 928 c to c road bike
Dawes Flambeux from the 70's completely refurbed ...must upload some pics
carrerra Kraken ...10 yr old mountain bike

This means the wife is in...."what in gods name do you need another bike for" mood. So if i got a courier it would have to be pretty cheap....i found these on t'internet and like the look of the white one.
Do you think they will be any good....they are dirt cheap so probabaly not branded spec but im expecting that anyway.

http://unipackuk.co.uk/track-bikes_roadcourier.html

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Get one they're great, just don't get one of them!!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If the wife's already in what-do-you-need-another-bike-for-mode you'll never convince her otherwise but at least the wheels are in motion so to speak, so you just need to turn up with a fixed gear bike and say 'well you knew all about it, remember'.
Being incandescent with rage doesn't last forever - what about a Fuji track bike, worth a bollocking for about £300!!

Melvil

I've just bought a second hand courier bike so have just gone from 30 gears to 8(!) - it seems quite light though.

"but they are the latest influence to arrive from America to the UK."

Bollocks. I told my 60 year old mate that I'd got myself a fixed, he said "Oh yeah, my dad used to have one of those when he was a lad"

I think they are what they are............

A cheap way for fashion victims to get the 'hipster' look.............

I wouldn't have one, but hey, thats just me.

I would have virtually any other bike in the whole world though:biggrin:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
In the smoke here people are obviously making there own unique fixies, and it looks to me like someone is botching them up themselves and trying to sell them as a going concern.

So why not get an old frame and build your own? Cut a set of racing bars down to stumps, paint it a bright colour, throw away the brakes, i reckon the the only bit you would have to purchase is the front and rear sprocket.
I am sure the whole build could be achieved for less than £50.00 and you'd be the trendiest thing in the high st, and also you could then watch as all the geared bikes go wizzing past you and leave you for dust!!!!!!!;)

MajorMantra

Riding fixed is great but you'd have to pay me to ride a Unipack. They are pig iron frames with crap components. For the same money you could do a conversion or buy someone else's off ebay or Gumtree. For a little more you could get a used OTP (off the peg). In fact if you're lucky, you might find a Giant Bowery or an abused Langster for the same money.

By the way, don't feel bad about owning lots of bikes. I share a flat with two other students and currently have four.:tongue:

Matthew

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
threebikesmcginty said:
Being incandescent with rage doesn't last forever - what about a Fuji track bike, worth a bollocking for about £300!!

It's less painfull to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :becool:

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

The wife has just come back from the Killers gig in Newcastle....she spent..

30 quid for the ticket
50 quid for the hotel
30 quid in petrol
20 quid in food
30 quid on drink
15 quid on a T-Shirt
10 quid on Taxis
Whilst i sat at home and babysat our 2 ankle biters
.......................I think i now have the upper hand and may be able to justify a new or second hand bike:biggrin:

Top Bottom