I'm getting an Airzound !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buddha

Veteran
Today I tool the scenic route. Along wide, shared cycle path.
Approaching ahead were a group of walkers/coffin-dodgers (W.I. members I guess - walking boots and sticks, oiled jackets etc. - even though this is paved Greater London!)

Anyway, as I slowly approach I give them a friendly but loud "Morning. Excuse me please". Some smile, say good morning and move into single/double file. But one gnarls "Ding a ling a ling. Where's your bell?". Along with some racist comment, which I won't repeat.

So, I'm getting an Airzound. That'll surprise 'em ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Can you get one that loudly parps "F*ck off, you racist @rsehole!!!"?

...or you could get a camera and put the 'person' making the racist comments on youtube for all to see.

I assume he knew you were Scottish from your accent.....;)

PBancroft

buddha said:
Today I tool the scenic route. Along wide, shared cycle path.
Approaching ahead were a group of walkers/coffin-dodgers (W.I. members I guess - walking boots and sticks, oiled jackets etc. - even though this is paved Greater London!)

Anyway, as I slowly approach I give them a friendly but loud "Morning. Excuse me please". Some smile, say good morning and move into single/double file. But one gnarls "Ding a ling a ling. Where's your bell?". Along with some racist comment, which I won't repeat.

So, I'm getting an Airzound. That'll surprise 'em ;)

I hope you took them to task for the racist comment. ;) Can't stand people who come out with rubbish like that, especially when they're old enough to know better.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, an airzound is great for encounters like this. I know it's extremely bad form to use them on pedestrians, but oooooh, it's so tempting in a case like this, and every now and then I succumb.

*Evil cackle*

OP
OP
buddha

buddha

Veteran
Kaipaith said:
I hope you took them to task for the racist comment. ;) Can't stand people who come out with rubbish like that, especially when they're old enough to know better.
I figured she was the 'nutter' of the group. What elderly woman (or even man) would make such a comment to a biggish bloke in his thirties, for fear of the consequences? Especially in darkest South London! The remainder of the group were pleasant enough.
I just shook my head and sarcastically said "Silly dear", much as you would a bad driver, and let it go. Then came on here to rant;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I gave up warning people as I always seemed to get more abuse for warning them than for just scooting straight past while taking a bit of care. Funnily enough, the bell seemed to get more 'Fek offs' than a verbal warning. If I can't go round and I'm on the Thorn, I just change into seventh gear. The sound of a Rohloff in 7th makes them think they're about to be crushed by a runaway Panzer.

I had an airzound, but took it off as it just made people run in unpredictable directions or stop right in front of you out of shear terror.

Maz

Guru
I hate that racist shoot. Bad luck, mate.
I think Airzounds are pretty rubbish, though. Better to use your voice.

byegad

Legendary Member
An airzound is really useful. A short parp from a long way back tends to work well. For the terminally stupid, like the rasist old fart you met, a real blast with 100psi behind it leaves ears ringing and no doubt you are there!.

Maz

Guru
byegad said:
An airzound is really useful. A short parp from a long way back tends to work well. For the terminally stupid, like the rasist old fart you met, a real blast with 100psi behind it leaves ears ringing and no doubt you are there!.
Your ears will be ringing too.
What's the point of Airzounds? Seriously, I see no benefit from them.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Maz, when an AirZound is good, it's really REALLY GOOD! Far more effective than voice because car drivers react much more predictably to it, they often start looking for the truck.

Top Bottom