I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue Returns....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's back on Radio 4 tonight, after the sad death of Humphrey Lyttleton, with three new guest chairmen - Stephen Fry, Jack Dee and Rob Brydon.

It won't be the same without Humph but I'll give it a go!

Apart from Mrs Trellis of North Wales and me anyone else going to have a listen?

I was hoping to listen, unfortunately I haveto nip out to the House of Lords with a constituency friend. He's looking for support for his MP who's facing expulsion, and i always say it's important to have a good Peer if his Member's likely to be out..

Rob S

joebe said:
I was hoping to listen, unfortunately I haveto nip out to the House of Lords with a constituency friend. He's looking for support for his MP who's facing expulsion, and i always say it's important to have a good Peer if his Member's likely to be out..

If that's the level of humour I'll have to give it a listen:laugh:

U

User482

Yes, despite being on R4 (ooh, aren't we clever...) ISIHAC isn't above some absolute filth. This is a good thing.

I went to see a recording in Bristol a couple of years back - it was great fun, and at its best when it went wrong.

MajorMantra

I'll be listening, on tinternet if not live. I can definitely see Stephen Fry in the role - less sure about the other two but I'm trying to approach it with an open mind.

Matthew

Not sure about Jack Dee, the other two may work. Will be listening this evening and hoping for the best.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll be listening for sure. I think it'll be ok. They thought it was the end when Willie Ruston died, but I reckon it's bigger than any one person, even Humph. He'll be there in spirit, anyway.

The show has enough about it to endure. Obviously it will be different without Humph - he was a key element in it: far more than a chairperson, his contributions were like gems.

And that's where the new show may struggle by comparison in the eyes of some. I think/hope they have avoided looking for a Humph replacement as such, and that eventually, after trying a few guest chairpeople, the show settles down with another 'fixed' chairperson who can develop a long-term relationship with audiences and with the panellists.

Top Bottom