1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm taking...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mortiroloboy, 20 Jun 2008.

1. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

The wife, kids and recently bereaved MiL off to Majoorka;) for a week end of July. I'm aware that it is a bit of a magnet for cyclists on training camps. We will be staying in a rented apartment in Cala Vinas. (SW) of the island

Is anyone aware of any good LBS where I can avail myself of a locally (Majoorkan)B) themed Cycling Jersey?

2. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

Kudos to my LBS.

bugger wrong thread

3. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

I guess that's a 'no' then.:wacko:

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I've biked Lanzagrotty - well great for bikes, car friendly, but small, hot and many of the roads are quite rough, but we liked it...... Fire Mountain was good !

5. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Fossy, I won't be biking, I'd never get away with that :wacko: Never been to lanzergrotty, but have visited Fartervatourer and Grand Canaryer.

I'll be mostly stretched out on the beach:becool:

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

7. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Hmmmm, maybe, but what to take? My Ivan Basso 2006 Giro winners jersey, my Mapei 1995, Euskaltel Euskardi, ONCE, Wilier, Team FAKTA, or my Club jersey?

What I would like is a local Majorcan cycle club jersey...

8. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Your Euskaltel Euskardi might be considered provocative!
    But if you're as slow as me, they might just laugh at you! :smile:

9. longers

longers Veteran

Have you not got a CC jersey to wear? Something lacking in your wardrobe then methinks.

10. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

OOps , yes that may have been a bit of a wardrobe faux pas!! I'm crap at hills too!

Yup, but I already have too many jerseys, but I cannot help myself, it's like a sort of disorder! I just like the idea of getting a local Majorcan club jersey as a souvenir.

11. longers

longers Veteran

I wasn't doing down the idea of getting a local jersey - it's a great idea.

It was just how could you have a choice of which to take when you've got a very classy CC jersey to take. You never know - it might get recognised, small world and all that.

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Mortiroloboy!

If you find out or hear about any cheap accommodation/bike-hire shops on the island, I'm looking at doing 4-6 weeks in Jan/Feb if possible, and would be grateful of any 'net addresses. :smile:

Thanks

13. OP
    OP
    Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Longers, I know, it would be kinda cool wearing it in the evening, and seeing if it got recognised, but I do have loads of jerseys, as well as the ones mentioned I have a couple of non team winter long sleeved jersey's plus a Specialized winter jacket, a club rain cape, a gilet...
    I could probably convince Mrs M that I 'needed' a Majorcan cycling jersey, but not a CC one, well not just yet anyway!

Davyo, I will keep my eyes peeled for cheap accom for your planned trip in 2009