Impatient driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
This morning, riding in primary, slow steady traffic only doing about 10mph so I was easily keeping pace with the traffic - big fat new BMW behind me keeps beeping me to get out of the way! What for? Even if he did overtake, he'd have nowhere to go cos there's a car right in front of me! :banghead:Aghh! Oh yeh, and I had 2 punctures on the way to work this morning and it was -4.
Fun and games, eh, fun and games. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
All part of life's rich tapestry Maz

kishan

meh ignore them take your time they should have left earlier for where ever they needed to be. if they are being dangerious pull up on the pavement let them go and then continue. eeeek gutted about the puncture mate in -4.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Sometimes when I get an ignoramus like that I make signs for look ahead, think ahead, and then point to the obstacle that's actually stopping us.

daSmirnov

The few times thats happened to me I always want to overtake a couple of cars further ahead and make a WTF hand gesture while doing it.

Never actually done it yet, but maybe one day.:angel:

He's probably pi$$ed off because his spark plug and microfilter service indicators ping at him when he starts every morning.
I'm fed up of the oil service light - can't it tell it's booked in for next week, dammit??? It knows everything else!!!

Don't worry, some of us Beemer bunnies are nice people! :angel:

Dora

If you counted all the ignorant and impatient drivers you encountered you'd be stark raing mad by this time next week!!

sabian92

Über Member
I had my first impatient driver too - passing a parked car, pulled into the middle of the road to stop him passing me (car parked on the other side of the road a bit further up that'd mean I'd be squeezed into my own death), got a beep and the self-gratification artist sign. Tosspot.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Let him past and then sit behind him ringing your bell and waving him out of your way. :bravo:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Don't worry about it,i normally give them a little wave :hello: Not really had too much hassle considering the mileage i've done this past few weeks but the coffin dodger on a Honda something did beat everyone in the tit stakes by racing past me on the Warburton Toll bridge anly to be snarled up by a traffic jam......oh what joy !

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Sometimes when I get an ignoramus like that I make signs for look ahead, think ahead, and then point to the obstacle that's actually stopping us.
Had a very similar one a couple of days ago, although I was driving at the time.
Had stopped at one of those traffic calming things where they block off a lane giving priority to on coming traffic and have a similar set up about 100yds further on with the opposite lane blocked. Anyway I'd stopped as the oncoming traffic had priority and was waiting patiently when the fella behind me decided to start beeping. I put my hand out of the window and gave him the internationally recognised hand signal for "I'm ever so sorry my man, but as there is a gentleman coming through the chicane on a mobility scooter I feel it would be inappropriate of me to continue at this time, do you have an alternative route you'd like to suggest or should we wait for the old chap to clear the way before we proceed?" In fairness the beeper acknowledged this with the internationally recognised hand signal for "I most humbly apologise, I was acting like a tit and I am quite happy to sit here quietly whilst the gentleman in question continues on his way, sorry about that."
So it all ended well really :thumbsup:

Had a very similar one a couple of days ago, although I was driving at the time.
Had stopped at one of those traffic calming things where they block off a lane giving priority to on coming traffic and have a similar set up about 100yds further on with the opposite lane blocked. Anyway I'd stopped as the oncoming traffic had priority and was waiting patiently when the fella behind me decided to start beeping. I put my hand out of the window and gave him the internationally recognised hand signal for "I'm every so sorry my man, but as there is a gentleman coming through the chicane on a mobility scooter I feel it would be inappropriate of me to continue at this time, do you have an alternative route you'd like to suggest or should we wait for the old chap to clear the way before we proceed?" In fairness the beeper acknowledged this with the internationally recognised hand signal for "I most humbly apologise, I was acting like a tit and I am quite happy to sit here quietly whilst the gentleman in question continues on his way, sorry about that."
So it all ended well really :thumbsup:

Where can you learn these handsigns, or are they similar to the ones I already know?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Sometimes when they do that I stop in front of them, get off my bike, give it a good looking over, shrug that I can't see what they are beeping about, get back on it and ride off.
Hehe, like it. This is on the cards for next time!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
This morning, riding in primary, slow steady traffic only doing about 10mph so I was easily keeping pace with the traffic - big fat new BMW behind me keeps beeping me to get out of the way! What for? Even if he did overtake, he'd have nowhere to go cos there's a car right in front of me! :banghead:Aghh! Oh yeh, and I had 2 punctures on the way to work this morning and it was -4.
Fun and games, eh, fun and games. :smile:

I've had that. After a while, I pulled in to the side and, bowing low, gestured theatrically for the honking driver to pass. He did so, and ten yards further on, came to a halt at the back of the now stationary line of traffic.

What could I do but remount and overtake him - and most of the rest of the queue?

Top Bottom