Important issue of the day: toothpaste.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Recently visited a friend in the Scottish Borders and as I'd forgotten my toothpaste I nipped over to the Chemists in Coldstream High Street to buy some.
I chose Euthymol instead of my usual Macleans. I have no idea why. Perhaps it was the bracing Scottish weather addling my brains: anyway that's what I did.
After using it for the first (and only) time, my mouth certainly felt clean: rather like I imagine an abbatoir would taste once the day's slaughtering is over and the cleaners have been through with the military - strength sanitizer. Euthymol is truly ghastly stuff.
So, if you're tempted to use/buy some, take a tip from me: DON'T!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Surely that is better then your mouth tasting like an abbatoir at the end of the day just before the cleaners come in?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I'd count your blessings if I was you. And strike out abbatoir and put in 'pork scratching factory' :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
YAY!

EUTHYMOL ROCKS!

It's toothpaste for the discerning brusher. Daily user here... unless I'mm gonna be snogging Mrs FF... she doesn't like the smell ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
snapper_37 said:
I'd count your blessings if I was you. And strike out abbatoir and put in 'pork scratching factory' :wacko:

OK, I've thought and thought and thought (and that's no mean feat for me, let me tell you!), and I've no idea why the prospect of being surrounded by all that itchy pig could ever be considered a bad thing...;)

Euthymol on t'other hand, mings big time.

gavintc

Guru
I also use it, but my wife hates the taste so it lives in my wash bag for trips away from home.

Maz

Guru
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Euthymol still comes in metal tubes. I think it'd probably dissolve a plastic one.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We used Euthymol in our family so I grew up with it. I also find many mint toothpastes, Macleans in particular makes me gag. I don't mind Arm and Hammer or Aqua-fresh, but just like the Clove-oil taste of Euthymol. Mentadent P used to be like Euthymol lite!

kyuss

Veteran
Euthymol's great. Not used it years mind. Anyone remember Dentyne chewing gum? Same taste and tongue burning sensation as Euthymol in a chewable format.

Top Bottom