In Asda today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...I was asked for ID! :ohmy::biggrin:

I was in buying a loaf of bread, a wee bar of chocolate and a couple of beers (Erdinger) for tonight. The lady at the checkout (in her 40's I guess), puts the beer through, it does the beep (does the customer look under 25? then ask for ID beep). She looks at me and asks me for ID! :biggrin:

You should have seen the look on her face when I said I was 37! She looked like she wanted to sink into her chair!

Actually, I said well done to her on asking, as it can sometimes be difficult to tell, and better safe than sorry. Still, it was a major misjudgement!

It's not the first time my age has been questioned. My wife hates it, as no-one ever does the same to her! :tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I long ago accepted that I will never again be asked for ID.
*checks grey hair in mirror*
*weeps*

levad

Veteran
She's seen you on "the youtube" and wanted to check :smile:

My mother and father were out one day and my mother was asked which of her sons she was with!

Suerdusty

When working as a Co Op Manager I was called to the till by a 16 year old cashier to approve an alcohol sale, I asked the'young lad' for ID and with a smile and a flourish he produced his warrant card, at 29 he told me it made his day and he couldnt wait to tell the lads down the station.

Was this her?

BC8369-001.jpg

When working as a Co Op Manager I was called to the till by a 16 year old cashier to approve an alcohol sale, I asked the'young lad' for ID and with a smile and a flourish he produced his warrant card, at 29 he told me it made his day and he couldnt wait to tell the lads down the station.

Ah..not THAT's a sign of getting old.

Not long back some spotty oiks walked across our car park at work and I thought "aye aye...what do these chavs want?" and kept one eye on them in case they were looking to nick something. Then they came in, produced their ID and announced they were investigating an assault that had taken place the previous night and wanted to view our CCTV

Arch

Married to Night Train
My sister (35) got ID'd the other day, made her day!

Whereas, minding my friend's market stall a couple of weeks back (she's in her 30's), a lady came by and said "oh, is your daughter not here today?"

:sad:

:cry:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Ah..not THAT's a sign of getting old.

Not long back some spotty oiks walked across our car park at work and I thought "aye aye...what do these chavs want?" and kept one eye on them in case they were looking to nick something. Then they came in, produced their ID and announced they were investigating an assault that had taken place the previous night and wanted to view our CCTV

I worked at British Aerospace until I was just over 30. What really made me feel old was seeing visiting RAF multi-million pound fighters park up on the apron and lads get out who looked like they should still be at school.

Top Bottom