Incident in Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The BBC have reported this incident in Edinburgh.

Police are hunting two youths who threw a large lump of ice from an Edinburgh bridge onto a cyclist's head.
The incident happened as the 37-year-old man was cycling under the Roseburn Bridge in the Wester Coates area of the city at about 1800 BST on Wednesday.
A police spokesman said the ice hit the man on the head and shattered his headlamp.
He suffered dizziness and a sore head, neck and back, but did not need hospital treatment.
The teenage boys were described as having local accents.
A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "Fortunately the man was wearing a cycling helmet or his injuries could have been more serious.
"We are eager to speak to anyone who was near the bridge and can help us identify the individuals responsible.
"Similarly, anyone with information that can assist with our inquiries is asked to contact police immediately."
Not good.:smile:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
FFS!:smile:

Best wishes to the cyclist concerned and here's to the Police catching the scrotes that did this.

Wow lucky he was wearing a helmet.I have had objects thrown at me quite a few times.Not dropped off like that though.

People are really stupid sometimes.

bauldbairn

tdr1nka said:
FFS!:eek:

Best wishes to the cyclist concerned and here's to the Police catching the scrotes that did this.

Arch said:
...and throwing them off the same bridge....

+1 - Ned Scumbags! ;)

Never understood why (even) scrotes would think of doing this.

It's been going on for several years for dumping rocks off bridges on to cars, lorries and trains etc but this seems like a new version.

The same scrotes string wires across roads & paths at neck level.

"24v battery, crocodile clips, genitalia*"

rearrange at will.

* genitalia not balls as both sexes seem to be descending down the eveolutionary scale at the moment.

John Ponting said:
Never understood why (even) scrotes would think of doing this.

It's been going on for several years for dumping rocks off bridges on to cars, lorries and trains etc but this seems like a new version.

The same scrotes string wires across roads & paths at neck level.

"240v , crocodile clips, genitalia*"

rearrange at will.

* genitalia not balls as both sexes seem to be descending down the eveolutionary scale at the moment.

I've editied it slightly.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Its the amps not the volts that cause the damage ......

According to my dad who was an electrician for about 35 years.

I know we can get into Ohms law with V=IR but you can stand in a high voltage field and be ok if the current(I =amps ) is low and the resistance (r) is ok

Top Bottom