Industrial action by Deliveroo

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I saw some Deliveroo cyclists in Broad St grouped together protesting about their rates of pay. I heard their trade union leader on the radio this morning. He seemed fairly reasonable, not like your traditional Mother Russia loving fifth columnist out to destroy British industry from the 70s.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well that rant certainly speaks volumes :whistle:

Adam4868

Guru
I saw some Deliveroo cyclists in Broad St grouped together protesting about their rates of pay. I heard their trade union leader on the radio this morning. He seemed fairly reasonable, not like your traditional Mother Russia loving fifth columnist out to destroy British industry from the 70s.
You cancelled your subscription to the Morning Star ?

Adam4868

Guru
Ok so I have not read up on the Deliveroo / Uber pay/benefits package industrial action so this is a genuine question and not me trying to prove a point. These drivers are self employed (like some gardeners and plumbers etc) and they know what deal they are getting when they sign up to provide the service (which they can choose not too), so if they are not happy with the pay/benefits then why sign up in the first place?
Being desperate to have a job/earn money?

Ok so I have not read up on the Deliveroo / Uber pay/benefits package industrial action so this is a genuine question and not me trying to prove a point. These drivers are self employed (like some gardeners and plumbers etc) and they know what deal they are getting when they sign up to provide the service (which they can choose not too), so if they are not happy with the pay/benefits then why sign up in the first place?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Wasn't about seventyish with a grey beard was he? Always thought Jezza night pop up in this capacity now he's been chucked out of the party. Nah, can't be as the mother Russia loving bit precludes him.

@Adam4868 nowt to do with the subject in question but do you have a time machine... you quoted a post at 13.47pm

Today at 13:47
sleuthey said:

but sluethy only posted it at 13.51pm

Today at 13:51
Ok so I have not read up on the Deliveroo / Uber pay/benefits package industrial action so this is a genuine question and not me trying to prove a point. These drivers are self employed (like some gardeners and plumbers etc) and they know what deal they are getting when they sign up to provide the service (which they can choose not too), so if they are not happy with the pay/benefits then why sign up in the first place

how did you do that:wacko::blink:

Adam4868

Guru
@Adam4868 nowt to do with the subject in question but do you have a time machine... you quoted a post at 13.47pm

Ok so I have not read up on the Deliveroo / Uber pay/benefits package industrial action so this is a genuine question and not me trying to prove a point. These drivers are self employed (like some gardeners and plumbers etc) and they know what deal they are getting when they sign up to provide the service (which they can choose not too), so if they are not happy with the pay/benefits then why sign up in the first place

There's more to me than delivering mail and pro cycling....not telling !

So that’s what @Adam4868 did with my stuffed crust Margarita

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
They're not really self employed. they're employed by Deliveroo who use loopholes in employment law to shaft their staff on a daily basis.

It was a similar situation with Uber drivers who recently won a court battle. This means Deliveroo's employees now have a leg to stand on.

Edwardoka

Bloviating Windbag
They're striking because the conditions available when they signed up were changed under their noses and they had no recourse.

I looked into becoming a deliveroo rider a few years ago to try to get my cycling mojo back, but was put off in the end. The algorithm that decides which riders get which job is far more punitive, and the rider pay is significantly worse now than when I first looked into it.

Top Bottom