DELETED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
:eek: Are you Spider Man on a bike , you must be able to cycle up the side of a building on those gears .:notworthy:.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
On the other hand, the advantage of running a triple with a small inner ring is that you can have a reasonable close ratio cassette, because nobody in the world needs, for example a 26-42 ratio.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Edit: Since the OP has been deleted (and to give context to the surviving comments), from memory Guy had a triple (?50-26 chainset) and a ?11-42t cassette which he was rightly pleased to have got to work.
Guy must be doing this as a nugatory fettling challenge. For me that large/large RD cage angle is lower than I'd be prepared to contemplate: the chain needs another link (1"). What is the spec'ed capacity of that RD @GuyBoden ? Are you suggesting that 'any' long (86mm c-c) cage RD will cope with this?
Have you used a zip-tie to route the gear cable outer that way? Why not a larger radius curve?

Last edited:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
@GuyBoden sorry you felt the need to delete, my comments were certainly not meant to be negative.
I like reading the gear fettling/ adapting threads, because I can see an idea I can use or adapt.
……………………….Then pass off as my own invention .

Ajax Bay

Guru
Hands up the CycleChatter who doesn't like a bit of nugatory fettling. Surely getting comments on a post means people have read and considered it. And the chain does need another link to ride that combo safely up. We all deplore the idea of large/large but sometimes sh1t just happens (more likely in the dark).

Top Bottom