ING customers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Daily mail says not covered by uk, website says covered by dutch government - leave money in or take out?

Abitrary

Aren't they one of the biggest banks, nay employers in the whole world?

Leave your money in. If you bang the final nail in the coffin of the world's economy by bringing those guys down, then you're going to feel pretty silly.

buggi

Bird Saviour
nip on to moneysavingexpert.com for advice.

think the latest is that government guarantees up to £50,000. If you've got more than that, spread it around in different banks.

OP
OP
W

Willow

buggi said:
nip on to moneysavingexpert.com for advice.

think the latest is that government guarantees up to £50,000. If you've got more than that, spread it around in different banks.

I wish, UK gov not guaranteeing Dutch are figure I'll move half. I like their accounts and feel a lot of the problems are caused by panic on the other hand I don't want to lose what cash I have left after the car garage nicked it yesterday!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Willow said:
I wish, UK gov not guaranteeing Dutch are figure I'll move half. I like their accounts and feel a lot of the problems are caused by panic on the other hand I don't want to lose what cash I have left after the car garage nicked it yesterday!

How come the Uk Gov are guaranteeing the Brit savers in Icebank(?) up to £50K but not ING?

Are the Dutch gov doing any guarantees?

ChrisKH

Guru
rich p said:
How come the Uk Gov are guaranteeing the Brit savers in Icebank(?) up to £50K but not ING?

I thought first £16k was up to Iceland govt. to find?

OP
OP
W

Willow

rich p said:

Dutch Gov doing up to £75k but am assuming they will look after their own first. Apparently some interesting stuff in telegraph today so off to buy one.

Guarantees are worth virtually nothing at the mo. Be very careful where you leave your wealth, the world is changing very rapidly.

Gold Kruggerands are doinge well at the moment. Or leave your savings where your mortgage is - as long as you owe them more than they owe you.

Tinned food and shotguns if it really starts to hit the fan.

OP
OP
W

Willow

When I first worked in the bank before my high flying days I used to buy kruggerands and sovereigns on a regular basis for customers - real pain in the neck actually, used to hate all the paperwork.

Top Bottom