Inner tube help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Can't seem to quickly find information on removable core presta inner tubes? Anybody have suggestions on makes?

Otherwise, which valve extenders can be used over a regular presta valve with the valve left open?

walker

I must be a total noob, I've never heard of a removable core presta inner tube. what is it in English?

can't you just use longer valves or just buy valve extenders. Which? any that work, specialized do a set.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
They are mostly found on tubulars as far as I can tell although other forums mention that inner tube versions exist.

I'll need them for a deep section clincher wheel, and while I know some of these extenders I mentioned (the ones you just screw on top of an open valve) do exist, online stores and google don't really mention which version each item is.

02GF74

Über Member
you can buy longer valve stems inner tubes but dunno if they will be long enough for ya.

e-rider

crappy member
When you say removable core - do you mean 'Woods' valves? Probably! These are not compatable in any way with presta valves. What you need is simply a new inner tube with a longer valve - simple - job done! Inner tubes are available with many different length valves ranging from normal to very very long! Otherwise, just extend your current valves with valve extenders.

bonj2

Why do you WANT removable core presta inner tubes?
Don't bother with slime. it doesn't work that well, and adds unnecessary weight where you least want it.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I don't really want removable core inner tubes...I have just got a 60mm deep section clincher wheel which needs some sort of valve extension...most extenders I can find are for tubs which apparently have these removable cores (assuming this is the case otherwise there doesn't seem to be a point for selling the particular extenders like the Continental ones).

The only ones I could find which were definitely the type I wanted were made by Topeak, but it gets unfavourable reviews on other sites due to thread stripping. The problem has been solved with HED coming to the rescue as their valve extenders are the type which screw on top of an inner tube valve.

bonj2

Why don't you just get a tube with a long valve? I've got a long valve tube on my front wheel and it looks a bit too long as i havent' got deep section wheels, i'll swap you if you like :biggrin:

Abitrary

I bought some 'Weldtite' valve extensions the other day, which the LBS bloke swears by... you put them over an open valve

Haven't tried them yet though, but will keep them in the emergency kit

Top Bottom