Inspired by Michael Hutchinson........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
..... I thought I'd see if I could break the hour record during my morning circuit yesterday.:wacko::biggrin: I reckon that trip meter must be faulty cos it was spookily close to a record set in 1873 by a chap called Moore .....................................

On a penny farthing:blush:;)

Oh sorry, I thought this topic was about auto-sexual asphixiation.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Disgruntled Goat said:
Michael Hutchinson - about the hour record, not about throttling yourself whilst having a J.Arthur.

I thought the point of throttling was so it would last an hour ;) :wacko:

Dave5N

Über Member
Graham Obree got the hour and then had it taken from him by Chris Boardman a few days later.

Obree got it twice. When was the other time?

He took it on the second attempt in 1993, July I think, and again in April 1994. Indurain then took it. Not sure of the time diff.

AFter Boardman's 'definitive' record, the UCI decided Cycling was a sixties thing. Boardman proved them wrong.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
All very droll :smile::biggrin:
While you lot are on the subject,Michael H - the CW/ Hour man, does make mention of a Norfolk gamekeeper he knew who would take delight in shagging a goose while throttling it :smile:

NB Brian Obree tried to hang himself too it seems. Interesting that he apparently made his hour record bike out of gas pipe and an old fridge

Top Bottom