Insurance for sunglasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eoin Rua

Just bought some new Oakley's, and while I pride myself in being careful and not clumsy :whistle:, accidents do happen.

So does anyone have insurance for their glasses in case something happens to them? Any recommendations, or do I just need to wise up and be careful?

Krypton

I thought this was spam from the title. Wouldn't your house insurance cover your gogs?

OP
OP
Eoin Rua

Eoin Rua

Figured the most common sense idea would be to have them covered under home insurance but I don't have any for my flat :sad:

Was thinking of an individual cover...but it seems I'll just have to be extra specially careful - or just keep them in the case, it's coming into winter anyways, doubt I'll need them very much :whistle:

Figured the most common sense idea would be to have them covered under home insurance but I don't have any for my flat :sad:

Was thinking of an individual cover...but it seems I'll just have to be extra specially careful - or just keep them in the case, it's coming into winter anyways, doubt I'll need them very much :whistle:

My contents insurance (M&S) refused to pay for my damaged Oakleys as I never took out a cover for damage, only theft away from home :-(

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
For "peace of mind", don't forget to take out the consequential loss "lack of speed due to missing sunnies" option....The "very tiny scratch" extra cover looks like an absolute bargain too.

So you have no insurance on your home or all your other contents of your home (everything you own apart from a car I guess) and you are worried about a pair of sunglasses all of a sudden.

I would say it may have been better to buy a pair of sungalsses for a fiver and use the rest of the money spent on your desire to have Oakley written on your sunglasses on insuring everything else.

If your house burns down tonight you lose everything - but hey you will have a new pair of sunglasses so all will be OK.

Midnight

I bought a new pair of specs about a month ago, and took advantage of a 2-for-1 offer to get some prescription sunglasses, from a high street opticians. They offer insurance to cover 75% of cost of repairs/replacement for accidental damage for 2 years on specs and prescription sunglasses, or 12 months on non-prescription sunglasses. The policy doesn't cover loss or theft, but considering I spent over £250 and I'm naturally clumsy it could turn out to be useful... ^_^

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
So you have no insurance on your home or all your other contents of your home (everything you own apart from a car I guess) and you are worried about a pair of sunglasses all of a sudden.

I would say it may have been better to buy a pair of sungalsses for a fiver and use the rest of the money spent on your desire to have Oakley written on your sunglasses on insuring everything else.

If your house burns down tonight you lose everything - but hey you will have a new pair of sunglasses so all will be OK.

I read that as not having "accidental damage" on the insurance (which I didn't take out when I insured my flat.

I agree though that it's not very sensible to live without home insurance

Top Bottom