Interested in your thoughts??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ryanbreid

Hello fellow cyclist

I have a question which I would like your views on please.

If you were asked to wear a top with a logo on, every time you rode your bike, but you had the very real chance of winning prizes, from a free lunch, bike service to a holiday, would it be something that you would take part in??

All thoughts welcome

Best R

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
how would one win by just wearing a top?

Shaun

Founder
Is this something you have been offered? Or are you making this offer to CycleChat members?

simon.r

Person
It would depend on:

• If the top was suitable for purpose. Bear in mind that most of us will have at least 3 different 'outers' for differing weather conditions.
  • What the product was I was advertising.
  • What the prizes were (unlikely to be interested in a free lunch or a bike service).
  • How real the chances of winning a prize were.

OP
OP
ryanbreid

ryanbreid

It would depend on:

• If the top was suitable for purpose. Bear in mind that most of us will have at least 3 different 'outers' for differing weather conditions.
  • What the product was I was advertising.
  • What the prizes were (unlikely to be interested in a free lunch or a bike service).
  • How real the chances of winning a prize were.

That's great Simon thanks for your reply it is appreciated.

Regards

R

col

Legendary Member
If they paid up front then yes, depending on suitability.

Maylian

Veteran
If it was a decent quality item and depending on what the product was I was "endorsing". I would also be curious how you could "win" just by wearing and what the prizes were likely to be...

just jim

I suppose if it was a bit ironical-but-stylish looking like Foska jerseys then maybe.
Your "very real chance" part of your wording sounds like you could quite possibly work in P.R?

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
For a pre-determined, actual something: maybe.

For the "very real chance" of, for example, a weekend in Disneyworld Paris or all-you-can-eat at Pizza Hut, I wouldn't wash on a daily basis.

You want me to ride around wearing your logo? For the chance of a prize?

No way.

Something tells me the guys in the street directing me to the delights of a local coffee house are getting paid to hold up their signs and look like prats. What makes you think cyclists are cheaper?

Top Bottom