Interesting fixie site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Dear me, what a collection! Coloured like bubblegum wrappers and each one more garish than the last.

Perhaps I just have no fashion sense.

Thedude

I guess its just personal choice. I like most of the bikes on there, apart from the lo pro. The proliferation of the bike as a fashion item can only be a good one as it encourages people to cycle. I made my girlfriend a pink bike with white deep V's (& tyres) with bright green bartape and even though it is not to my taste she loves it and gets excited when we go on our sunday rides.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
indeed, so why make it worse by riding something akin to a big hat that says 'knobber'

zimzum42

Legendary Member
No, it's just the lo-pros always look terrible, and many of those bikes are just horrible colour mixes.

But it's all opinion!!!!

Thedude

It's a bad opinion! ;)

Someone riding a bike rather than driving a car is a good thing. And if riding a bright green frame with risers and a 26" front deep v gets someone onto a bike than that is a good thing.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I love cars too, so where does that fit in!?!?

5 bikes in the shed and a lusting for a Landcruiser, gotta love it!

dudi

I could only see one bike on there with a strange colour mix... that's the pink one with the blu rear wheel and the white front wheel. and the only odd thing about it is that the wheels don't match.

As for the Low-pro ones, i think it's quite a striking look... as striking as the Pinarello Princewith it's Wibbly-Wobbly, Salvador Dali forks and seat-stays.

skwerl

Thedude said:
It's a bad opinion! ;)

Someone riding a bike rather than driving a car is a good thing. And if riding a bright green frame with risers and a 26" front deep v gets someone onto a bike than that is a good thing.

there's no such thing as a bad opinion. Opinion is someone's point of view so by default can never be wrong/bad.

Anyway, the point was about the whole cultural thing surrounding fixed riding not about getting people out of cars and onto bikes

Top Bottom