Interesting week...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Fun commuting week, had a wasp lodge itself in the air vent on my cycle helmet tuesday - stung me a few times whilst I tried to stop remove helmet and get rid of said wasp. Nice headache for the rest of the day....... Wednesday something went wrong with the pawls in my freehub - 18Km from home and 18Km to go - nothing would get the bloomin thing to engage so a combination of freeewheeling on the downhill bits and walking uphill for me, until a nice lady on a Trek road bike stopped to ask what was wrong (many thanks if you're reading!), then I go to demonstrate by turning pedals forward - and it starts engaging again - so managed to cycle the rest of the way to sunny Cov. Got a puncture too but was only 5Km away from the hospital I work at. Spare commuting bike thursday - nice uneventful commute. Drove friday as I had to be in work at 6am.
Here's hoping next week is trouble free.........

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Well with a week like that, things can only get better ;)

John90

Über Member
When cycling goes wrong .

blush.gif

John90

Über Member
I don't want to usurp your thread but the above was my 100th post; thanks for giving me that opportunity. Can someone tell me where to pick up my key to the Cycle Chat executive washroom?

And better luck with next week's cycling.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Fun commuting week, had a wasp lodge itself in the air vent on my cycle helmet tuesday - stung me a few times whilst I tried to stop remove helmet and get rid of said wasp. Nice headache for the rest of the day....... Wednesday something went wrong with the pawls in my freehub - 18Km from home and 18Km to go - nothing would get the bloomin thing to engage so a combination of freeewheeling on the downhill bits and walking uphill for me, until a nice lady on a Trek road bike stopped to ask what was wrong (many thanks if you're reading!), then I go to demonstrate by turning pedals forward - and it starts engaging again - so managed to cycle the rest of the way to sunny Cov. Got a puncture too but was only 5Km away from the hospital I work at. Spare commuting bike thursday - nice uneventful commute. Drove friday as I had to be in work at 6am.
Here's hoping next week is trouble free.........

On a MTB course it was suggested that at a push cable tying the largest rear sprocket to the spokes will turn the bike into a fixie and allow you to get home. I have not tried it but always carry cable ties just in case :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
I don't want to usurp your thread but the above was my 100th post; thanks for giving me that opportunity. Can someone tell me where to pick up my key to the Cycle Chat executive washroom?
There is no washroom :sad: , but you are now permitted to add 10% any time you happen to mention the speed you were travelling at.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom