1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Suppliers

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jim77, 3 Apr 2008.

1. Jim77

Jim77 New Member

Which internet suppliers do people recommend. I am looking for quality parts, probably just a new saddle and seat post for starters. I have found Wiggle and ExtraUk so far, does anyone have any experience of these or others?

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I deal with Ribble, Probikekit, Wiggle and Chain Reaction.

All good.

3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

A Thumbs from me for Wiggle, Evans and Chain Reaction. I have found all three to be very good.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Chain Reaction, Dotbike, and occasionally Wiggle.

Chain Reaction price match. Dotbike is run by a really helpful bunch of enthusiasts. All 3 are free postage.

5. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative and Chain Reaction Cycles have both been excellent in my experience.

6. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

CRC are fab! Never had problems with wiggle or evans either, but evans charge postage and I don't trust wiggle that much anymore after all the fraud suspicions some time ago...

7. Plax

Plax Veteran

I've used Chain Reaction Cycles, Wiggle and Merlin Cycles. Just ordered a workstand from Parkers of Bolton but too early to tell how they're going to turn out - P&P was quite high though so probably won't use them again.

8. Parker International, Wiggle, Evans, ChainRC, Cyclestore, Bicycle Workshop, Geargurl.

9. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

chainreaction , bikeplus, and if i want any mtb stuff merlin of leyland. i use ribble but go to the shop so can't comment on mail their order.
    any fixed gear stuff is from hubjub.

10. roadiewill

roadiewill New Member

Wiggles the best in my experience

11. bianco

bianco New Member

Wiggle & CRC.

Used ribble but hate paying for delivery

12. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Wiggle and recently velkit. Someone else mention Geargirl, from eBay, she's good.

Got some tyres from Ribble and they came sort of folded up abit, so they would fit in a small box. But they weren't folding tyres, so wasn't impressed with them.

13. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Another thumbs up for Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative.

They respond to questions promptly and have good communications about your order. Their own brand stuff is usually pretty good value and quality.

Not always cheapest from branded items, but I think they are due to have another sale at the beginning of May.

And I personally like supporting a genuine co-operative business.

14. I'll probably have to shop around more in the future as I've only used Wiggle on line and they offer a good speedy sevice. I'm lucky that the Edinburgh Bike Co Op shop is not far from me so I browse on line and visit the shop, they've usually got what I want and are helpful too, if not they can order it in quite quickly.

15. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

Have used CRC and they were good.

Spa Cycles are very good too.