Introducing...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Welcome Wafflychooks!!

How are they settling in?

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Seem fine. Their combs are pinking up: especially Anode's. Not doing a lot of moving about yet - it's all very new to them. Only Cathode has been debeaked and thankfully, only a tiny amount. Feather condition: I saw worse. So hopefully, once they've settled in, they'll perk up quite quickly. Cathode was very vocal in her comments about the sound of next door's tractor..

ChrisKH

Guru
What a fab idea! I wonder if I can interest my son in some chickens instead of the guinea pigs he so desperately wants. Do they need much space (not talking about putting them in a battery cage obviously) and what about foxes?

Yours in suburbia.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Wonderful names. Loving it!!

Blue

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
What a fab idea! I wonder if I can interest my son in some chickens instead of the guinea pigs he so desperately wants. Do they need much space (not talking about putting them in a battery cage obviously) and what about foxes?

Yours in suburbia.

My parents both came from farming families and gave me a chicken as a pet when I was a child. My dad just built a pen that was about 10' cube out the back of the house and the hen always seemed happy enough. The only trouble we had was with cats, but the hen liked to peck the hell out of any paw that was pushed into the pen.

ChrisKH

Guru
Blue said:
My parents both came from farming families and gave me a chicken as a pet when I was a child. My dad just built a pen that was about 10' cube out the back of the house and the hen always seemed happy enough. The only trouble we had was with cats, but the hen liked to peck the hell out of any paw that was pushed into the pen.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

No seriously, the boys have outgrown a playhouse that is a 6' x 6' cube raised by about 18 inches off the ground which I thought I might be able to adapt.

Top Bottom